Introduction

Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to air rifles, but I've been getting more interested in PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) rifles lately. I've got a couple now, and I even have my spouse and kids joining me for some shooting sessions. A while ago, I bought a Gauntlet and made some modifications to it, and now my family uses a Fortitude. Although I've been reading air rifle forums for a few years, I don't often participate in discussions.

I've been eyeing some hammer-less air rifles for purchase, and I've seen a few options in the classifieds. However, it seems like I need to make more posts on the forums to engage with other members properly.

Recently, I invested in a GX CS3 air compressor, which has really boosted our shooting frequency. It's much quicker to fill the rifles with the compressor than it is for me to manually pump them.

While my Gauntlet performs well and is more accurate than I am, it's too heavy and long, for my liking. Right now, I'm particularly interested in the Huben K1.

I am almost in the center of the United States and Kansas, enjoying retirement and spending time with family.

Very cool - welcome and you honestly can't go wrong with the Huben, it's fun for the whole family!
When I go camping with the family (in laws etc, around 30 of us) 3/4 of them aren't "shooters" - but the ones that don't enjoy the powder burners enjoy the Hubens and Sidewinders.

EVERYONE loves the full auto sidewinder - brings a smile to everyone's face. The Rattlers only the guys that like shooting like it, it's currently all I reach for though.

Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to air rifles, but I've been getting more interested in PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) rifles lately. I've got a couple now, and I even have my spouse and kids joining me for some shooting sessions. A while ago, I bought a Gauntlet and made some modifications to it, and now my family uses a Fortitude. Although I've been reading air rifle forums for a few years, I don't often participate in discussions.

I've been eyeing some hammer-less air rifles for purchase, and I've seen a few options in the classifieds. However, it seems like I need to make more posts on the forums to engage with other members properly.

Recently, I invested in a GX CS3 air compressor, which has really boosted our shooting frequency. It's much quicker to fill the rifles with the compressor than it is for me to manually pump them.

While my Gauntlet performs well and is more accurate than I am, it's too heavy and long, for my liking. Right now, I'm particularly interested in the Huben K1.

I am almost in the center of the United States and Kansas, enjoying retirement and spending time with family.
I'm just getting into PCP rifles too and considering buying the GX CS3 pump. How long have you had yours? Any issues?

Hey everyone!

ok , your profile now has ten posts . Belated welcome to the forum 's this is almost addicting as i drink my coffee mornings , ok mid day . afternoons ?

I'm just getting into PCP rifles too and considering buying the GX CS3 pump. How long have you had yours? Any issues?
Hello,
I have had mine about 10 weeks so far and zero issues and am really enjoying it. We use it to fill the PCP's directly and I now realize that we would of shot a lot more if I would of had a compressor the whole time.

Reactions: onlybanana
Very cool - welcome and you honestly can't go wrong with the Huben, it's fun for the whole family!
When I go camping with the family (in laws etc, around 30 of us) 3/4 of them aren't "shooters" - but the ones that don't enjoy the powder burners enjoy the Hubens and Sidewinders.

EVERYONE loves the full auto sidewinder - brings a smile to everyone's face. The Rattlers only the guys that like shooting like it, it's currently all I reach for though.
I have read a good deal (and watched videos) about the sidewinder and it looks as interesting as the Huben to me. I must admit, I have read and watched videos about A LOT of PCP's and at the end of the day it seems there is another one I just have to have.

How I will hide purchases from my spouse is the issue.

I have read a good deal (and watched videos) about the sidewinder and it looks as interesting as the Huben to me. I must admit, I have read and watched videos about A LOT of PCP's and at the end of the day it seems there is another one I just have to have.

How I will hide purchases from my spouse is the issue.

Welcome to AGN! Sounds like you are well on your way down the rabbit hole. It also sounds like you are having a fun retirement.

Pro Tip: Trenier Airguns has some of the best prices on JSB pellets and the owner is very good about packaging and shipping.

I used to buy powder burners from a nice gentleman in Belton, MO. For an extra $5 on the cost of the powder burner he would give you an invoice for "automobile repairs". 😄