• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Invicta FTC (Minor Hill, TN) Sept 7th 2024 Match Results

Posted for David Slade:

I changed the date of the match as it would have clashed with the Pyramid Cup, so some folks couldn't make it, sorry about that.

Okay, when I said in my last match report that the wind we experienced was the worst we had experienced this year, it was NOT a challenge to Mother Nature, but apparently it was taken that way....Serious wind made the practice area a moot point for me, I had let my dogs out early in the morning and thought, hey with this wind I should grab my 20 ft lbs Theoben Vanquish, but it wasn't zeroed, so I plugged away with my Steyr, and I am happy I did.

Cliff Smith came out to shoot, he is headed south again to sunny Tampa, he may be back in November, it would be nice to see him before winter set in again. Jim Baumman came out with his FX homebuild to play, while in his current health he can't shoot the forced positions, he shot well everywhere else, he said if I took away my force position shots we would have tied, and that true!

Well, Brad and Danny had prior commitments, so it was blind squirrel time again!

Our next match will be September 28th, and we have FIVE matches scheduled for the rest of the season, some of you we haven't seen for a while, it would be great if you could come out to play, the more the merrier!

God Bless

David Slade

Match Winner
51/60 David Slade Steyr LG110 Nikko 10-50 JSB 8.4

World Class
45/60 Grant Summerlin AA EV2 Sightron 10-50 JSB 8.4

Open Class
46/60 Bill Ellis Thomas Sightron 10-50 FX 13.4
40/60 Cliff Smith TM1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
39/60 Jeff Hale TM1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
39/48 Jim Baumann FX Typhoon custom Mueller 8-32 Benjamin One

Hunter Class
45/60 Matt Judd FX Crown Element Helix JSB 10.3

World Class Piston
11/60 Gray Summerlin TX200 Sightron 10-50 JSB 8.4

Reactions: Perry Perry
Posted for David Slade:

I changed the date of the match as it would have clashed with the Pyramid Cup, so some folks couldn't make it, sorry about that.

Okay, when I said in my last match report that the wind we experienced was the worst we had experienced this year, it was NOT a challenge to Mother Nature, but apparently it was taken that way....Serious wind made the practice area a moot point for me, I had let my dogs out early in the morning and thought, hey with this wind I should grab my 20 ft lbs Theoben Vanquish, but it wasn't zeroed, so I plugged away with my Steyr, and I am happy I did.

Cliff Smith came out to shoot, he is headed south again to sunny Tampa, he may be back in November, it would be nice to see him before winter set in again. Jim Baumman came out with his FX homebuild to play, while in his current health he can't shoot the forced positions, he shot well everywhere else, he said if I took away my force position shots we would have tied, and that true!

Well, Brad and Danny had prior commitments, so it was blind squirrel time again!

Our next match will be September 28th, and we have FIVE matches scheduled for the rest of the season, some of you we haven't seen for a while, it would be great if you could come out to play, the more the merrier!

God Bless

David Slade

Match Winner

World Class
45/60 Grant Summerlin AA EV2 Sightron 10-50 JSB 8.4

Open Class
46/60 Bill Ellis Thomas Sightron 10-50 FX 13.4
40/60 Cliff Smith TM1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
39/60 Jeff Hale TM1000 Sightron 10-50 AA 10.3
39/48 Jim Baumann FX Typhoon custom Mueller 8-32 Benjamin One

Hunter Class
45/60 Matt Judd FX Crown Element Helix JSB 10.3

World Class Piston
11/60 Gray Summerlin TX200 Sightron 10-50 JSB 8.4
I live in west tn,never been to a match before but want to go to some to better my shooting. Can you send me some info on rules and match dates,how much it cost,ect..I think I shoot good enough to be competing. This was at 75 yards with my panthera. I hit just about all centers at 50 yards. Thanks . If this is not good enough shooting then don't respond. I can't do much better.

I live in west tn,never been to a match before but want to go to some to better my shooting. Can you send me some info on rules and match dates,how much it cost,ect..I think I shoot good enough to be competing. This was at 75 yards with my panthera. I hit just about all centers at 50 yards. Thanks . If this is not good enough shooting then don't respond. I can't do much better.
Club info:

Field target rules can be downloaded here:

It's a fun sport!

Reactions: beerthief
Picky folks that they are at Invicta Rule #1, safety #2 at or under 20fpe #3 have fun! Esp. if you call 1st a first timer can likely get away with the wrong scope for your class or some other small thing just to see exactly how much fun it is. Naturally at a sanctioned points match all AAFT (State, Nationals, Grand prix & such) All AAFTA rules apply : download the handbook here: https://www.aafta.org/handbook--other-docs.html

If this link works (?) some Minor Hill pictures from way back when, including the afore mention sight in range which would have been Windy and some pictures in the wood where shooting takes place (course has grown & changed since) https://photobucket.com/bucket/b282...14/album/d0cde98a-2b4c-4ab0-bd54-1d03ba96a367

You shooting will be just fine. And even without the club/shooting there are so many other reasons an airgun type would want to go to Minor Hill & Invicta.
Yup.

John

(edit) membership used to be $0.00 and shoots were $5-10.00 depending. GO

I shoot mostly bench rest. If I'm off the bench then I'm popping feathered targets which is my favorite thing to do. Your only a couple hours away. I have a crown in 177. It's super accurate. I've never messed with a foot pounds. I've got to see if I'm even able to shoot at that. I been shooting 10.3 177 at 980fps. Don't know the energy that is but I'll look tomarrow and see if I can be competitive. Thanks for the info. I had planned on winning pac this year but couldn't get registered. Maybe your shoot will help me learn some things. I'll be getting back to you,bye.

Reactions: wx4p
Hunter25 we’d love to have join us. I’m a newbie myself and still learning. It’s a great group of shooters who would bend over backwards to ensure your time there is excellent. As for the scores they always seem to sort themselves out. Just make sure you’re safe and having fun :)
When the next shoot,date time and location.my crown can do 20fps well. Glad a fx won the cup to. I have two pantheras in the process of getting ready for 100yard bench rest. One a shoot gun and a back up.

Oil have fx crono and digital display. One thing about me,I don't care to cheat. Wins not a win if it's not done right. I shoot cause it's what I like to do, no need to not follow rules. Just something to worry about instead of having a good time. I can tune any of my guns fairly quickly,so I figure if a contest, least I'd have to do is prove I'm shooting the correct speed. That would be proper for a contest anyway.

The next match is schedule for September 28th. The practice range opens at 8am and the match starts at 9. I shoot a crown as well. 380mm barrel with JSB 10.3’s at 885fps. So I’m right there in that upper 18-19 FPE range. Are you planning on shooting hunter class or open?
I don't have a clue,I have to come and speak and see first hand what I'm able to do,before making a discussion. If I don't have to work,I'm gonna come on the 28th. Bring my gun and pellets. I don't have chamber flags. Latter this week, in gonna look over rules more closely. I'm gonna probably be able to come. So I'm gonna start preparing. This week I been testing 30 caliber ammo for a friend that's going to ebr. If practice starts at 8, i have so many questions about what actually happens . I may need to sit first one out and just watch. Tomarrow can somebody call me and answer a few of my questions. 7314316882. Anytime after 10am. Gonna shoot afterwork tonite,so I'm not gonna be up early tomarrow. I work a 1pm to 11pm. Thanks

The next match is schedule for September 28th. The practice range opens at 8am and the match starts at 9. I shoot a crown as well. 380mm barrel with JSB 10.3’s at 885fps. So I’m right there in that upper 18-19 FPE range. Are you planning on shooting hunter class or open?
I have a wheel coming for my scope and had planned on attending this weekend ,have you seen the tropical storm? Are you planning on still having the match. If so I want to come. I need the address to the range,and to know if I need anything other than my gun,pellets,chrono,scope,air tank and shooting stick. I've never been or seen one,so I've no clue what else I'll need. I'm 2 hours away and it put me on the road early Saturday morning about the same time this storms gonna be coming up in that direction. I been looking the rule manual you sent me over this week. I believe I have it figured out. You shoot steel target with a little kill zone hole in them at different distances. Add up the hots and misses see who wins. Can only shoot 177 to get under 20lbs of energy. So,where do I show up 8am on the 28th? Or will rain cancel it. I'm not a big fan of getting my guns soaking wet.

You’re a little hot there 25. Crowding 22fpe. Might want to tune it down closer to 900fps with 10.3s.
With the weather are you still having a match tomarrow,I can get the info I need ,I had planned on attending ɓut I don't care about getting my guns out in the pouring rain. Today is friday,tomarrow is the 28th,I have a rule book but don't even know where to show up at,can one of you guys call me. I need more info. 7314316882

Are yall gonna shoot tomarrow you know there's weather coming from the south. I been trying to get more info about coming but be my luck I'd drive there an it be canceled. I don't even know where to drive to event minor hill. Minor hill field target range?

Yes tomorrow’s match is canceled due to the weather. Next one is currently slated for October 12th
Thanks for responding,I was beginning to think I wasn't really invited. I got a wheel from a guy yesterday for my scope,I'll be better prepared and practiced by the 12th. Would you give me the address to where I show up at 8am. I could find where I was supposed to come in the manual. Thank u .