Benjamin Is a .25 PCP rifle/pellet much louder than .22?

tegridy

Jul 14, 2024
Just curious. If it matters, I really am referring to the factory regulated Marauder.

Thanks!

EDIT:
The best reply was from another thread from another OP, and it said something along the lines of "don't worry about it so much, you're gonna end up with both either way." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I cant tell you specifically with the MRod, but my Impacts and Wildcat are louder in 25Cal. I have tested same reg settings, same barrel length same moderator and the 25Cal is consistently louder. Not by a huge margin at moderate fpe levels, but certainly noticeable. The air charge also matters, but I think in the MRod that will be more reasonable.
thanks for your response. Sorry, I should have specified I meant overall muzzle/action/etc initial sound, not impact.

I briefly had a 25 cal gen 2 unregulated marauder and it was definitely louder than I thought it would be. Everyone says how quiet the Mrods are, but it was only doing 38 fpe and still louder than some of my higher powered guns with a simple tanto out front.
what is your favorite quiet rifle?

I'm my wallet is going to regret that I asked that...

what is your favorite quiet rifle?

I'm my wallet is going to regret that I asked that...
Quietest gun I own currently is my own customized Kral Jumbo 22.

1000009284.jpg

34" long, huma shrouded and doing 850 fps with Hades 15.89 pellets. It has just a little bottle ping noise, but you can't really hear the muzzle report.

Next favorite would be my Prod, which is probably just as quiet but no ping sound.
1000009226.jpg

Last edited:
I briefly had a 25 cal gen 2 unregulated marauder and it was definitely louder than I thought it would be. Everyone says how quiet the Mrods are, but it was only doing 38 fpe and still louder than some of my higher powered guns with a simple tanto out front.
Yes the .25 Mrod is louder than the 22 Mrod

Apples to apples pal