Is airgun interest going away?

If you're selling locally you might have exhausted the market near you for people who have an interest in airguns. Where I live I haven't came across another person ever who owns a PCP and very few with springers. The market for compressed air guns is still miniscule compared to firearms, as much as we here on the forum love them notwithstanding.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Maybe the big makers have managed to hit the ceiling on what people are willing to pay for an air gun, even a top tier one.
I was at the local shop today just to look around and chat with the owner a bit. They carry BRK, Daystate and FX. I walked down the wall of their upper end guns and it is no wonder people balk.
The price of a Ghost, M4 or Daystate electronic gun is cause for pause.
Unfortunately, a lot of new comers or folks who want to dive into the pool are conditioned to believe that they need a top tier gun to start off. Big mistake by those who are focused on marketing their flag ship guns only, especially now.

Unfortunately, a lot of new comers or folks who want to dive into the pool are conditioned to believe that they need a top tier gun to start off. Big mistake by those who are focused on marketing their flag ship guns only, especially now.

I can agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I find myself wanting the best of anything I’m looking to buy with the thought of “buy once cry once.”

At the same time though, a lot of people aren’t the buy once cry once crowd, they’re the instagram/fb flex crowd that wants to buy a g wagon with no garage to put it away in.

I think a return to true mid tier options would be great marketing instead of potentially making your best gun the only thing you advertise. Just my opinion though

Fact check, I DON'T CARE what the average is nationally, celery prices have doubled here, in NH, and this is Airgun Nation not Airgun Warriors. It's not politics, it's a fact of life that effects everything. Don't want to read a post, move on. I am.

Honestly, I didn't want to read your post. But I didn't know that until after I read it. Unfortunately, that's how it works.

Anyway, thanks for the correction, Carl. Of course I meant Airgun Nation, not that a typo means my entire post is invalid. I apologize if I jumped to conclusions, but it sure seemed like you were dragging politics into the equation when you wrote, "With the election coming up, the gas prices are coming down," which insinuates a conspiracy to manipulate the energy market for political gain.

BTW, I can't read your intent, only what you wrote, and celery is just one thing. And yet, you specifically claimed "produce has doubled in price." Perhaps that was a simple mistake like the one I made. As I demonstrated earlier, sometimes fingers can get ahead of the ol' noggin. :)

Last edited:
Fact check: Thanks to a massive outbreak of avian flu, eggs have nearly doubled in price. But eggs aren't produce. On average, produce (vegetables and dairy products) have not come close to doubling in price. And, according to the EIA, gas prices are expected to rise over the next few weeks as global consumption outpaces production.

Anyway, what's with the not-so-subtle politicizing? Politics is the last thing I want to be exposed to when I visit Airgun Nation.O
Lmao…calm down he said inflation and an election. Are we that soft here ?

Reactions: markhooper
I hear ya! My security camera business is slow,as well as our farm goods. Even my one large mushroom company is hurting for orders. I have put off getting a Condor SS for sometime now due to this.
I totally get it, I'm on disability so money doesn't go far.. and then you get unexpected expenses and well there goes the toy fun..
that said this month is my birthday, so when I found a decent deal on a Condor I probably made a mistake but I ordered two.. so PM me if you are looking for a good deal on a Condor..I got a 22 SS and a regular Condor to see what I like better.. hopefully one will be perfect..
also I haven't been on the forum much because of a couple things..I love cowboy guns and there's basically nothing in lever action or single six..
talked myself into the Condor as a single shot like a sharps as I want to get back into extreme long distances..
I also unfortunately have made a few posts asking for information and I didn't get a single reply..
I looked up a friend on here and he's not been on since July.. hopefully he's just busy with life..
for those that say the economy is great, well I barely get enough money from disability for a toy a year.. and that's not your expensive guns.. food stamps used to last a whole month.. now a week and half.. fortunately I grow a big garden, and I have someone who goes to the food bank for me.. otherwise there would be no toys and little food..
I'm happy for those of you who have a good job, I'd love to work like I used to..
and I'm happy for those of you who have a good retirement income..
but that's not the fact of life for us all..
no politics are intended in this post.. just my reality.
Mark