Brocock/BRK is brk ghost my next one?

• Thread starter Deleted member 33063
  • Start date
I get next to nothing noisewise, from my Impact M3s
i had 3 mk2 impacts(black,silver and bronze) 2 of them leaked out of the box where sent back and when returned the leaking problem was still there, on the third one i had clipping issues with 3 expensive moderators, a shroud was swapped and then every day i had to reset my zero, in .177 i do not want an impact again ,

i had 3 mk2 impacts(black,silver and bronze) 2 of them leaked out of the box where sent back and when returned the leaking problem was still there, on the third one i had clipping issues with 3 expensive moderators, a shroud was swapped and then every day i had to reset my zero, in .177 i do not want an impact again ,
That sucks. I dont have that problem, just they like to eat alot of pellets. Lol

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
That sucks. I dont have that problem, just they like to eat alot of pellets. Lol
i have video posted somewhere in AGN with slugs rotating in the magazines of my impact, and a video of me playing guitar with a liner in my dreamline, i love their platforms but on a .177 they dont do it for me. some might like it. but for now i will get something with a solid barrel

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I have a pair of 👻 both right now setup in 177 1 with a 28” barrel shooting 13 gr ko slugs @1000 fps and the other 177 set up for field target shooting 13 gr jsb pellets to 810 fps. Love them both and don’t really notice any noise but my hearing isn’t like a young guys either. I’ve had m3 mavericks but love the ghost👻👻

If you don't care about shooting slugs, I would try to find a taipan vet .177 By far the best .177 pellet shoot I have tried with 150 shots epr fill if you are shooting the 8.4s at 890fps, and about 100 shots if you shoot the 10.3gr at 890fps the most power I could get from it was about 20.5fpe give or take. Otherwise, I would give the AGT Uragan 1 in .177 a try if you want slugs or a ton of shots. @mercado Has one and has the ability to shoot 16gr slugs at 960fps

i consider getting a ghost HP in .177 (only caliber i can own)and i have a question. Is the hammer noise to the ear annoying you? i had a Vulcan 3 and a P3 but i could not stand the hammer noise but with the maverick it was fairly ok.
....I would try to find a taipan vet .177 By far the best .177 pellet shoot I have tried with 150 shots epr fill if you are shooting the 8.4s at 890fps, and about 100 shots if you shoot the 10.3gr at 890fps the most power I could get from it was about 20.5fpe give or take.

Owning a couple Vets, and having taken thousands upon thousands of shots from the Vet platform and the Ghost platform......
If hammer/action noise is high on your priority list, a Taipan Vet in .177 will have much less action noise than a Ghost in .177, assuming equal power ouput.

I'm not sure it's all the hammer, but the Ghost certainly has more action noise than a Veteran.

Not making this a Ghost versus Taipan thing b/c they are both truly awesome airguns and I like em both about equally for but different reasons....The Ghost is more capeable of being something else (barrel and/or caliber swap). The Ghost also makes more power on the top end, than the Vet platform. Ghost is more easily tuned, external regulator, hammer wheel with visible marks. Taipan is more pleasant to shoot (better trigger and much more docile shot cycle).

Last edited:
yeap she is the one 😂
My Ghost Carbine…
IMG_1487.jpeg

I have been considering a Ghost. Shot one Wednesday at the local shop that another guy bought. Accuracy was superb, plenty of power.
My only complaint was the trigger. A lot of travel and gritty. Have never seen anyone here mention an issue with triggers on these guns. Was this one an anomaly?

Ghost trigger can modified and adjusted to be quite decent, but surely doesn't come out of the box that way.

Reactions: Solo1