HW/Weihrauch Is having a barrel chopped, choked and recrowned still a “thing” these days?

I have considered having John Thomas cut and choke my T05 34D and make it more handy lighter and shorter, but it shoots so good, I just am afraid to risk the accuracy I have now with it. But we have talked, and if I were going to do it, John would get the call. I though of finding another this vintage and giving it a go with that barrel, but this one I want to keep just in case it doesn't shoot as well as what I already have. With me, accuracy is trump over all else.
A friend here has had several barrels cut and threaded by John. I imagine a choke would be easy to make before cutting the end thread. I respect both men. I think you'll be fine sending it to him.

Reactions: Wildcatter
A friend here has had several barrels cut and threaded by John. I imagine a choke would be easy to make before cutting the end thread. I respect both men. I think you'll be fine sending it to him.
I agree, three of my rifles John has done, and he does rechoke when cut down, if needed. John has provided before and after results with all he has done. But when I have one that I think is as good as it can get, I just wont roll the dice and see if it will be as good, I doubt it will shoot better. But for a 34D that shoots this good, right now it was an excellent investment, dumping more money to get the same results wouldn't be. Now if it was not as accurate as it is, it would be no decision. But your right, if it can be done, I have full faith in Johns work, and he is who would do mine.