Is it just me……

Aww, what did I miss?? :LOL:
A while ago I clicked on the General Discussion sub and the same dude was the last reply on almost every topic on the whole page. And those topics were miles apart subject wise. So I clicked on each one. Thought don’t jump the gun, we could have a new guru or Odoyle. But it was just fluff and nonsense. I could be wrong. And that would make me happy.

Reactions: Basher
The only thing I worry about when buying or selling on here is scammers. Lots of them. Some will ask for PayPal ff only. Or ask for money order. Don't fall for that. Always pay as sales and seller is responsible for pp fees. Not buyer. So if shtz hits the fan you can get your money back.

Some people won’t use the goods/services option because PayPal often sides with the buyer no matter what. Plenty of good sellers have been burned by dishonest buyers who reported an item as unreceived to try and get the item for free. The seller has provided proof of delivery (tracking number, etc.), only for PayPal to still refund the buyer and charge the seller. It’s a tough balancing act to deal with, but I can’t say I blame anyone for either view. Just explaining why some people won’t use goods/services. Well, that and the “new” 1099 tax law thing. Go figure!

Some people won’t use the goods/services option because PayPal often sides with the buyer no matter what. Plenty of good sellers have been burned by dishonest buyers who reported an item as unreceived to try and get the item for free. The seller has provided proof of delivery (tracking number, etc.), only for PayPal to still refund the buyer and charge the seller. It’s a tough balancing act to deal with, but I can’t say I blame anyone for either view. Just explaining why some people won’t use goods/services. Well, that and the “new” 1099 tax law thing. Go figure!
Yep. That's why I would not buy or sell anything online. Paying ff and seller dont ship anything, you are fk. Same can be said for seller. You sell something and buyer reported you sent the wrong item. He gets his money back. Best to meet in person and at a police station. Even in person they can still rob you but if at the police station they will think twice. Lol

I use PayPal and I ask for friends and family for just the reason Basher pointed out if my feedback on selling isn't good enough for a person then don't buy what I'm selling. I've heard to many people talking about getting burnt by scammer buyers sorry but I'm not very trusting unless I've done business with a person before or they have good feedback and that's why I leave feedback to help the other person.

I use PayPal and I ask for friends and family for just the reason Basher pointed out if my feedback on selling isn't good enough for a person then don't buy what I'm selling. I've heard to many people talking about getting burnt by scammer buyers sorry but I'm not very trusting unless I've done business with a person before or they have good feedback and that's why I leave feedback to help the other person.
I agree totally with you on this, good feedback is the key.

Reactions: Bowhunter73