EDgun is it normal for air rifles to leak slowly?

I used to wonder occasionally if maybe I had a slow leak, then I'd worry about it. And then I found the cure. I quit looking at the gauge. A PCP rifle is just a collection of seals, valves and springs, and someday it will leak. If it doesn't get in the way of my shooting, I don't worry about it. In fact, I don't know about it!

I haven't shot my my leshiy since 8th August. I did measure the pressure to be 170bar. Its stored inside the house. Today the pressure, 6 weeks later, is 163 bar. Is this considered normal given the fall in air temperature? Or should it be reading 170bar? should i be looking for a leak? thoughts anyone?
Yes, that's normal when temperatures fall. The air molecules contract in colder temperatures and expand in warmer temperatures. You can test this for yourself by letting your rifle sit outside, if it's warmer out there, and looking at the gauge after 10 minutes or so. If you can remember what the temperature was when it was 170 and let your rifle be exposed to that temp the reading should return to that number.

Why guess, buy some gas fitters leak spray, (don’t use detergent as it has salt that aids corrosion) spray it around all pressure seals, any slight leak will foam up, if nothing obvious, lock the bolt forward and with your finger smear a small amount over the end of the barrel, if it bubbles up it’s a leak past the firing valve.

For what it’s worth I always store my guns fully charged, this keeps the o rings under compression, this also helps to mitigate the o rings drying out. Just last week I inspected one of my guns that I have not used in 2 1/2 years and the gauge still read full.

Bb