Is it safe to trade on the forum

I'm new here. Any tips to trading on the forum?

Yes, if you want to avoid a scam or just a bad experience in general, try to only deal with members that meet the following criteria:

1. They are active forum members who engage regularly on the forum in airgun discussion
  2. They have been a member for at least one year
  3. They have at least two or three marketplace feedback ratings already
  4. They are located in the same country as you

Some people won't like that list. But if you follow it, your chances of getting scammed or having an otherwise bad experience will be very greatly reduced. Good luck.

Ship same day and swap packing photos and tracking info, proof of pickup or dropoff. Keep multiple lines of communication or at least consistent communication. On some occasion the party with no feedback can ship first to someone with alot of solid good feedback.

i have traded many times on here with legit, well known members and never had a problem (y)

1719065014933.png

I'm to the point I won't even buy from anyone on here without some form of feedback or decent activity/post count. I really want to buy a rifle out of the classifieds, but it's expensive and they just don't have feedback or much activity over the course of a year being on here. Not worth the risk, I work too damn hard for my money to be taken.

Remember gents, don't steal from people! The gubberment doesn't like the competition!

Last edited:
Not sure if you can ever be sure of safety but so many absurdly priced items maybe that keeps us safe. Pellets the same or even more than you can buy them from the well known vendors 😂😂. 500 bucks for a 16 scba tank 😂😂😂. Keeps me safe 👍👍
It's damn near as bad as the automotive resale industry these days.

I find it hilarious when an item is on the classifieds for weeks and weeks, and the asking price is 10% off new, and new is still readily available on the market. Only way that pricing works is if it's a rare item or discontinued gem.

I'm currently looking for said item and would pay premium, but I wouldn't go over what it was new. That's just silly for another toy in the safe.

Reactions: gendoc and Spartan
It's damn near as bad as the automotive resale industry these days.

I find it hilarious when an item is on the classifieds for weeks and weeks, and the asking price is 10% off new, and new is still readily available on the market. Only way that pricing works is if it's a rare item or discontinued gem.

I'm currently looking for said item and would pay premium, but I wouldn't go over what it was new. That's just silly for another toy in the safe.

Yup. Some people just don't understand how it works. I also laugh at the people who buy a $2,000 gun, put another $1,000 into mods and customs for it, and then a month later now want to sell the entire used package for $2,800 saying what a deal it is. Even taking the time to list the retail purchase price for each component to help justify. They don't get it that the custom build they just made is the way they wanted it, and probably not the way anybody else wants it. And then they just keep bumping it each week for a year. Can't wrap their head around why someone isn't jumping on the chance to save $200 :LOL:

Yup. Some people just don't understand how it works. I also laugh at the people who buy a $2,000 gun, put another $1,000 into mods and customs for it, and then a month later now want to sell the entire used package for $2,800 saying what a deal it is. Even taking the time to list the retail purchase price for each component to help justify. They don't get it that the custom build they just made is the way they wanted it, and probably not the way anybody else wants it. And then they just keep bumping it each week for a year. Can't wrap their head around why someone isn't jumping on the chance to save $200 :LOL:
I've built quite a few custom guns, and they never yield what you put into them when you sell it. I usually lose money, but my interest in said gun was gone, so it was my rental fee lol.

Reactions: gendoc and Spartan
I find it hilarious when an item is on the classifieds for weeks and weeks, and the asking price is 10% off new, and new is still readily available on the market. Only way that pricing works is if it's a rare item or discontinued gem…
The wife may be riding the guy………….and not the way he’d like.

🗣️🙇“Some of these damned BB guns have got to go or else…”

🤷“I’m trying, I’m really trying. It’s been listed for 26 weeks. What do you want me to do, give it away? It’s not my fault people don’t wanna buy it.”

This guy’s not looking for a sale, he’s looking for a sucker so he can look like a hero. Or maybe he really just wants to keep it.

The wife may be riding the guy………….and not the way he’d like.

🗣️🙇“Some of these damned BB guns have got to go or else…”

🤷“I’m trying, I’m really trying. It’s been listed for 26 weeks. What do you want me to do, give it away? It’s not my fault people don’t wanna buy it.”

This guy’s not looking for a sale, he’s looking for a sucker so he can look like a hero. Or maybe he really just wants to keep it.
😆

I concur! Girl math would attest to the prices as well.

Me: "New they go for $15xx, guess ill list it for $1000 since you want it gone."

Her: "Well it still looks new, so you should list it for $2000. That's what it's worth!"

Me: o_O " yeeeaahhhhh.... OK then."

3 months later.... "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT HASNT SOLD?!?!?!"

Not sure if you can ever be sure of safety but so many absurdly priced items maybe that keeps us safe. Pellets the same or even more than you can buy them from the well known vendors 😂😂. 500 bucks for a 16 scba tank 😂😂😂. Keeps me safe 👍👍
Or the: I live Here in "X". Shipping is too much hassle so come and pick them up in person. lol

Reactions: Trucker3573