Diana Is my Diana 34 worthy of a scope?

The sad fact is that if you have alignment issues your replacement scope will fail too.

Another fact is if the barrel is bent you probably need to straighten it.

It's a nail biter. But it only takes an hour, costs nothing and will solve your alignment issues for good.

Burris rings are awesome. They will get you on target and keep your scope centered. But they won't fix the bent barrel. And that i expect is the genesis of your problems.

You will get it figured out. Head shots aplenty until something else causes your pellets to fly into the corn. That's just how it is with these guns.

Your story is mine brother. I walked the very same trail a few years back. That Diana rifle and all the trouble resulted in a whole closet full of spring rifles with personality issues. I love every one of them.

Reactions: BABz58
I don't listen to those who don't actually have hands on experience. I also don't give out suggestions without hands on information! I will assure that my 34 was well worth scoping! I will also assure you it sucked without a droop compensating mount! Once I did use the proper mount, made exclusively for this purpose, in fact it is named by the manufacturer, a "RWS Droop Compensating Mount" I am very happy I did it properly!
View attachment 491423View attachment 491428

At 25 yards before I sighted it in, compared to my Tuned Beeman R10 makes a statement, the AA target with the shot to the right was me, not ready to shoot. But the targets tell the story, mounted properly, it should make you smile. All stock factory with a Votek PG4-HO spring I installed! View attachment 491432
You might actually try something that has proven to work, or you can keep sending scopes back, bending barrels that really don't need bent, risk never having a rifle that will leave you doubting it. I'd suggest doing as I did, and knowing this worked using an over 20 year old less than 100 dollar Tasco scope, it will hit a squirrel in the head every shot after over 6 months everytime I pick it up. Been that way for a few tins of pellets now. I don't see it changing!

Any scope will work temperarilly when it is jacked out of center, I prefer a few click down from center but never a turn up off the spring tension. once its compromised, it seems going back is to late!

Buy the RWS droop compensating mount, and get the scope replaced thats compromised, and quit worrying when it will happen again, For me all my droop compensated rifles are never an issue after this treatment!

Good luck if you choose to keep trying to avoid the natural fix!

A few things:
I did buy the RWS 1 Piece Droop Mount. I mounted it as instructed and used both stop pins. The scoped zeroed nicely with minimal elevation and windage adjustments (Less than 1/2 a turn on the dials). The gun shot very accurately for about two weeks…and then it didn’t. The mount was never so loose that it “slapped around“. But it did move a little. I initially said 1/8” but it was closer to 1/16”. So not a ton, but enough to be noticed. I removed and reattached the mount, the stop pins, and the scope. The guns shot decently for a day…and then it didn’t.

Tonight I shot three 5-shot groupings. Two with the scope and one with the iron sights. Here are the results. I’m pretty sure this indicates the scope is the issue. Do you agree?

Scope group 1: 1-7/8” ctc @ 25 yards
Scope group 2: 1-3/4” ctc @ 25 yards
Iron Sights: 7/8” ctc @ 25 yards

IMG_2011.jpeg