Is my scope broken?

I just remembered that West Hunter adjustable rings have horizontal "ribs" (or notches) on the internal surface of the two moving parts between the base and the ring that allow height adjustment. This means that adjustments can only be made in discrete steps (around 1mm steps), and you must change the height of both rings at the same time to avoid cant and stressing out the scope tube. I.e. they do not allow you to change the angle of the ring vs the base like FX no-limits. They work very well for adjusting the overall height of a scope, but they would not work well when you need to change the angle of the scope to compensate for the drop. Same problem with the Monstrum rings I suggested before, I scratched them out from my last post.

View attachment 481686
I can't recommend those, they keep the bores parallel but do not allow you to tilt the bores to the scope. i.e. you can mess up your scope, either FX No Limits, not my personal favorite, or my personal favorites, Eagle Visions. Not cheap but less than messing up a scope.

Doesn't the Brocock have a 20moa rail? I'm on their website and there is nothing about the rail.

Reactions: uladz