is the Maverick louder than the wildcat?

They are basically the same guns. There should be no difference ammong the two. I believe the one with the 700mm barrel can more quiet if one use the same moderator on both guns. But on the oposite side the one with a shorter barrel can have a longer moderator for the same lenght, probably making it the most silent one if one choose that.

Reactions: special smash
thanks. i was thinking that the extra power is coming from extra air which may translate to higher muzzle noise. not sure.
I have had both a WK MK3 and Maverick in Sniper, .22,.25 and .30
Both tuned the same, are the same DB for "noise" in the respective calibers. No difference.
A Maverick Sniper can be tunes to a very manageable backyard friendly shot cycle.

Patrick

Reactions: PBuffa
I have a Maverick Sniper .25cal and I also have the 500mm .25cal barrel. The shorter barrel is louder with the same pellet at the same speed. If you have the sniper version of the MKII, then it should be the same at the same power with the same moderator. If you want to crank it up to 85 foot pounds and shoot it in your back yard, then buy a bigger mod than the standard FX version.

I have had both a WK MK3 and Maverick in Sniper, .22,.25 and .30
Both tuned the same, are the same DB for "noise" in the respective calibers. No difference.
A Maverick Sniper can be tunes to a very manageable backyard friendly shot cycle.

Patrick
What moderator, if any are you running on it to make it "backyard friendly?"

The longer barrel does not equal more air. It makes better use of the air and hence you can use lower bar levels to achieve equivalent fps.
I have an Air Impulse on my 600mm crown 25 and shooting 25.39’s @ 890 fps it is whisper quiet. I have not tried the Air Impulse on my 25 compact so cannot tell you how quiet it is compared with the same mod.
I will say that the Air Impulse for me is noticeably quieter than a DFL Tanto.