Other Is there any Barra Schofield valve mod to increase fps for pellets?

Hello sorry to bother
I recently got into air guns and specifically air revolvers. I bought a barra Schofield no.3 with 7” barrel and after tons of fun I was wondering:
Is it possible to machine a seal or valve that releases more co2 for the pellets to be able to travel faster or with more energy to really break some glass bottles or stick further into wood
I have tested different pellets in .177 the crossman piranha and gamo magnum being nice ones, but they have yet to really break a bottler or stick into wood
They can kill possums and squirrels pretty dam well though for anyone wondering
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello sorry to bother
I recently got into air guns and specifically air revolvers. I bought a barra Schofield no.3 with 7” barrel and after tons of fun I was wondering:
Is it possible to machine a seal or valve that releases more co2 for the pellets to be able to travel faster or with not energy to really break some glass bottlers or stick into wood
I have tested different pellets in .177 the crossman piranha and gamo magnum being nice ones, but they have yet to really break a bottler or stick into wood
They can kill possums and squirrels pretty dam well though for anyone wondering
Thanks in advance
I just recently got one of these and immediately did the barrel swap to the rifled barrel … so now it fires pellets instead of BBs. I haven’t tested it against bottles or wood yet, but that’s next.

Reactions: WildWestShot
I just recently got one of these and immediately did the barrel swap to the rifled barrel … so now it fires pellets instead of BBs. I haven’t tested it against bottles or wood yet, but that’s next.
i also installed the rifled barrel it’s pretty cool :cool: . I’ve tested it using the gamo 177 4 pack, after much shooting the magnum and country point are good ones I think the shallow or depth the skirt has allows it to travel with a bit more force than the 177 crossman piranhas, the crossman destroyer is meh broke some glass but will have to try it out more. The Schofield has enough energy to make the piranhas stick to wood at about 30 feet or a bit more but won’t fully penetrate. It’ll stick to cinderblocks though which is cool. Using the magnum gamo ammo or country with the pointy head ammo is also good for hunting possums and squirrels. But I think an increase in the release of co2 can make it so pellets can really penetrate a plank of wood