Is this a good choice? Immersive prismatic 10 x 40 scope the yard is 30 yards wide so close range shooting.

While not prism, I have been exclusively using a Vector 10x and Athlon 10x scope for my yard pesting and plinking the last few months. I really like it. More field of view would be nice, but the 10x scope gets on target super fast for me. My yard is the same dimension.

I’m still trying to find the best rifle/scope combinations… haha

IMG_5774.png

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

Reactions: Johnny1
I've looked a bit through both the 10x40 and 5x30 prismatic Immersives. Both have adjustable objectives. For that distance the 5x30 has magnification enough and is more forgiving in eye relief, lighter and has the same large field of view as the 10x40. That said, neither is as "bright" in low light as a 4x32 "regular" scope, so what pests are you going after, day pests or night pests?

Reactions: Florida_Man
I've looked a bit through both the 10x40 and 5x30 prismatic Immersives. Both have adjustable objectives. For that distance the 5x30 has magnification enough and is more forgiving in eye relief, lighter and has the same large field of view as the 10x40. That said, neither is as "bright" in low light as a 4x32 "regular" scope, so what pests are you going after, day pests or night pests?
I’ve killed A LOT of rodents in my yard with a Hawke 4x32 and PP700

That was back during the complete infestation of squirrels

IMG_5223.jpeg

I have both the 5x30 and the 14x50, but not the 10x40. The 5x30 is good for a chipmunk or sparrow at 30-35 yards. The wide FOV is really nice. The 14x50 can certainly be used at that range, but it's harder to source the target without eyeballing it first, which you don't need to do with the 5x30. I would guess the 10x40 is in between the 2 and should also work at your range. I've had no difficulties in low light scenarios.

Eyeballing, right. The eye relief on the 10x (and your 14x too?), is so short that the eyelashes dust the ocular with every blink. Certainly if one were wearing false eyelashes (say, for drag queen shooting hour), one would not be able to close one's shooting eye, it's that close. I wouldn't shoot a springer with one. The 5x30 has a more normal eye relief.

Appreciate the tip probably end up getting the 5 x 30 prismatic immersive

Eyeballing, right. The eye relief on the 10x (and your 14x too?), is so short that the eyelashes dust the ocular with every blink. Certainly if one were wearing false eyelashes (say, for drag queen shooting hour), one would not be able to close one's shooting eye, it's that close. I wouldn't shoot a springer with one. The 5x30 has a more normal eye relief.
For the “drag queen shooting hour” my preference would be 5X for easy target acquisition, and a wide field of view
Them suckers can move pretty fast in high heels
just my non-cents
Edward

Reactions: Johnny1 and Star7
Yes you are correct on the short eye relief on the 14x. I can't wear my glasses with the 14x, but I shoot without them most all the time except for that "extreme quick opportunity" which I don't get too often! I hunt with both scopes and their size, FOV, excellent parallax control make it easier for me when out and about.