Umarex Is Your Notos Upgraded or Out the Box?

Matters not about the equipment used on the fishing trip in my example, only the money spent on the hobby that cannot be recouped is my point. Some fishing trips can be quite costly but most won’t question others on it.

Dave

You can't sell your past hunting trips, fishing trips, or trips to Hawaii, so I really don't see the relevance of comparing those apples to these oranges.

-Matt

Reactions: sb327
I've considered and priced out various mods to this nearly 70 yr old Noob's Notos. I then looked at my Streamline, S200 and Stormrider and thought, naw, I'm a backyard shooter. I did buy a Red Corn moderator extension and just put on a CVLife scope one of my friends gifted me, replacing a red dot. I also got a single shot loader and even a mag from the same maker but decided I like to shoot "slow" so use the single shot loader. The Notos works fine at 10 yrds in my basement, longer ranges will be tested later this week. One thing I would like is a "better" cocking lever, but I haven't seen one that I am wanting to try yet.
1728435366740.png

Last edited:
I can't buy much of anything without modifying it. So yeah.... my notos has been modded... heavily. I picked it up for fun. Few to zero pests at home... a pleasant side effect of consistent insecticide apps. Could actually benefit from a few squirrels to eat up the acorns.

Anyway, if the notos was "fine" out of the box we'd all be rocking a stock notos. The right mods make an absolutely massive improvement.

Reactions: L.Leon
Guilty for mods. It shot great OTB, but I needed it for squirrel outings, and going back to truck for a refill every couple mags was not my idea of a fun hunt. So increased shot count was a must. The tactical appearance with the Buck-Rail kit is amazing. All in all, not including optics, I probably have $940 into the build. I mod everything... Cars, trucks, homes, guns, so the ease and availability of aftermarket accessories for the Notos makes it a solid choice.

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon
I've considered and priced out various mods to this nearly 70 yr old Noob's Notos. I then looked at my Streamline, S200 and Stormrider and thought, naw, I'm a backyard shooter. I did buy a Red Corn moderator extension and just put on a CVLife scope one of my friends gifted me, replacing a red dot. I also got a single shot loader and even a mag from the same maker but decided I like to shoot "slow" so use the single shot loader. The Notos works fine at 10 yrds in my basement, longer ranges will be tested later this week. One thing I would like is a "better" cocking lever, but I haven't seen one that I am wanting to try yet.
View attachment 502895

The FX cocking handle is just about perfect but it's super expensive! Even so, I've got 4 on my bench getting bobbed this week for customers guns.

20241003_191726.jpg

@zeroc , did you miss the 1022 mod craze 20 yrs ago on RFC? Because I rode the crest of that craze, I sort of have it out of my system. But I have to look at myself in the mirror with this new hobby of mine, airguns, and try and hold myself back of all the nutty stuff I did with powder burners 2 decades ago.

Yupper!

@zeroc , did you miss the 1022 mod craze 20 yrs ago on RFC? Because I rode the crest of that craze, I sort of have it out of my system. But I have to look at myself in the mirror with this new hobby of mine, airguns, and try and hold myself back of all the nutty stuff I did with powder burners 2 decades ago.
haha, you got me! My 1022 was also heavily modded until I moved on to airguns. With the suppressor ban in my state, it was a dead end for power burners. With a suppressed airgun, I can shoot in the comfort of my backyard every morning, rather than driving two hours to the range or some sketchy BLM land.
btw, the mod craze with 1022 is still going on if you follow the community.