It's all about the numbers but understanding them is a different story

Was very fortunate to get an Ed Gun Leshiy in .25 with the extended barrel kit. What a cool gun. Now back to the title of this thread. I did a 25-shot string. 1-16 were very constant. 17-22 increased in speed and 23-25 fell off as I thought they would. Pellets were Barracudas with a fill of 250 bar down to 400 bar. Can anyone explain shots 17-22?
1-611
2-649
3-653
4-642
5-642
6-645
7-646
8-640
9-648
10-643
11-648
12-648
13-654
14-661
15-658
16-662
17-685
18-714
19-744
20-720
21-711
22-676
23-640
24-596
25-559

tim

Looks like you fell off the reg at shot 17. I know a regulated gun when it drops off the reg acts just like an un regulated one. Guessing that actually caused a speed increase for just a few shots as the remaining pressure was enough to spike velocity just for a little bit.

I agree.

All of my Vets do this too. Shots right after dropping below reg pressure climb in fps for x number of shots, and then drop off a cliff if I keep shooting.

Gun came to me this way. I am sure not complaining about the gun.

tim
Back the hammer adjustment down to 600fps. Then fill the gun again. Shoot and click the hammer adjuster until you hit your max speed. Then back the adjuster back down two clicks. Now you will know the gun is set right for the reg setting. Just be careful of two things. Don’t go past the guns first plateau speed. And make sure you are always above 150b. You don’t want to accidentally be below the regs set point during the tuning process. Then do a string and see how it looks.

Reactions: rootdude
I do not own any Edguns. But your first shot is pretty low relative to the second and most of the string. When my guns shoot this way it is because the hammer spring is a little low for the regulator setting. That may also help explain why velocity went up a bit when the gun came off the regulator. I would increase hammer spring force a little, mainly to get the first shot up closer to the rest of the string. I use my airguns for pesting some so the first shot is important.

Your shot profile looks exactly like a hammer spring tension that's too light for the regulator pressure. Shot #1 was the first indication. Having a rise in FPS just before it goes off reg is the second indicator of this. You need to increase your hammer spring tension and find out the maximum velocity at its current reg pressure setting. Back up a smidge, 3% to 5%, from that maximum.