I’ve declared my FX impact MK2 the most accurate fun ag to shoot and own

Started out as an impact compact from PA bronze, and just by luck as these impacts have been hard to buy since day 1.
560668D3-1E01-487D-832B-9883A70409F1.1633510330.jpeg

ive done alot of testing and it turns out my impact likes whatever i have the most of. currently jsb heavy mk2 holes hide behind dimes.

2DAEE3EB-1DE0-4B28-BC80-E5135026655A.1633510718.jpeg

I would have to agree with you on the Impacts fun factor. I have an early Impact-X and it is easily my favorite gun. Although at 50 yards it would have some competition in the fun factor from my 2240 and HW44. But at 100 and 200 yards it rules for sure.

The heavy MKII pellets are its favorite pellet fodder. My 700 slug A liner loves them as well as the NSA 33.5, 36, 36.2, 38.5 and VK 34gr slugs.

Some nice shooting you did there.

My best 100 yard pellet target. Three shots through the top hole and five in the bottom group a nickel would cover them.

Edit;

Shot these at 218 yards.

With accuracy like that I can see why you're enjoying and having fun with your Impact. Would love to see more of these Impact love posts. I've never shot or handled one. I've read the many complaint posted about the platform, but I believe many of those were induced by the users complaining. I hope to shoot one someday and see for myself.

With accuracy like that I can see why you're enjoying and having fun with your Impact. Would love to see more of these Impact love posts. I've never shot or handled one. I've read the many complaint posted about the platform, but I believe many of those were induced by the users complaining. I hope to shoot one someday and see for myself.

All but my last rat video are Impact love letters haha. Great platform and agree many of the complaint posts are people getting in over their head and messing their guns up or not familiar with what does what.

I have pretty much settled on the Impact as well, as my go to gun. Both shoot pellets and slugs lights out and have been trouble free. I have a MKII in .25, an M3 in .30, and an M3 .22 Compact on order. I do have 2 Huben K1's as well (.22&.25) but consider them a different category being semi auto. Before I ordered the .22 Compact, I considered other guns including the Uragan Compact, and the RTI offerings. In the end, the # of external adjustments combined with the plethora of aftermarket accessories made another Impact the best choice for me.

I haven’t been around the impact that long but in a year and half I did have to change 1 oring what was destroyed by me. First iteration of impacts had issues with QC but that’s expected for a such complicated gun but after the teething problem I mainly see user errors as you mentioned. It’s NOT for everyone even though the wait on the M3 is still ridiculously long. Like @glem.chally said the numbers of adjustments alone over whelms many let along the tuning possibilities with different barrels and then you add slugs to the equation things gets far more complicated. It certainly isn’t perfect but people who love them as you can see live them and there isn’t gun quite like it still. 

Many folks here doubt the capabilities of the impact especially with slugs because in their frame of reference is still with traditional Airguns shooting pellets. 

+1. Love my M3 in 30 cal, just getting going on the tuning (waiting for the harmonic barrel tuner to go all in...) I added a MkII in 177 to cover the backyard, best upgrade ever. So much more fun plinking at nuts, wood chips, other types of chips with 38 pellets ready to go vs. my former lineup (Sheridan Blue Streak, R9, HW98 over 3 decades)

20210930_174852 1.1633573651.jpg

I only saw Impacts online for many years, then finally got one this summer. They are even better in person. If you were to buy one and leave it alone shooting pellets on the factory tune, there are probably a lot less chance of issues. But it's an Impact, who does that? haha Buy one and tune/tweak it to your desires, and you have FX support in the form of schematics, Ernest instructional videos, and full spare parts availability. That kind of support is comforting and empowering.

Mine has been fun: 1) shooting pellets 1MOA at 100yds. 2) tweaking/tuning chasing a slug tune. 3) Customizing with some of the many accessories available that legitimately add to the function of the gun. The problem with the pellet accuracy is now that I have experienced that, I want it in wind and at longer ranges, so slugs better work out!

Love my MK2, 15 shot at 70 or 75 yards.

group2.1633556119.jpg

Screenshot2.1633556232.png

That’s an awesome 15 shot group. Excellent 100 groups from biohazard as well. I got a digi gauge on my reg and another on order. Mine shoots 33.6 nsa slugs really well. I lapped the barrel liner and it didnt help at first but now this ag blows it up. I have another liner + a heavy superior liner hanging out. I’m a lefty, manage to park my 2nd chin just past the big ol mag with great results. This post was partially fueled by a recent purchase of a cricket 2 tactical in 30, so uncrisp cocking mag over rotates, crunchy is the opposite of smooth side lever action