Other IZH-46 Grip Screws

Howdy all

I finally got around to carving the grip on my Izzy to where I think it's pretty well dialed in. I'm wondering if anyone knows the size of the grip screws? I'd like to replace the stock ones with hex stainless.

thanks!
IZH-46 Grip.jpg

so long ago i was going to change my grip screws for my 46M but didn't and the reason was you are not going to find any that will fit without a lot of reworking
they are m4 x .70 with 15 to 16mm of threads but it is the head at about 5.9mm and head thickness of about 1.5mm
and that is because of the cups in the grips
so you can rework the screws or take out the cup or just leave it alone and that was my choice why waste my time
i did change the shelf screws to hex button heads but i had them on hand

so long ago i was going to change my grip screws for my 46M but didn't and the reason was you are not going to find any that will fit without a lot of reworking
they are m4 x .70 with 15 to 16mm of threads but it is the head at about 5.9mm and head thickness of about 1.5mm
and that is because of the cups in the grips
so you can rework the screws or take out the cup or just leave it alone and that was my choice why waste my time
i did change the shelf screws to hex button heads but i had them on hand
Thanks - when you say cups, are you referring to the bushings inside the grips? The ones that act more or less as washers beneath the head of the screws?

cups or bushings
now Frank has an ACE and he got lucky, you want to go to hex not Phillips and if the screw was made here in the states or Timbuktu they are still M4 -
.70 threaded screws
you could go countersunk and use the cups to screw against add 3mm to the screw length
Thanks. I left the bushings in the grips and simply found 4mm socket head stainless bolts of the same length. Fit perfectly. (We have a hardware store similar to Ace near us that carries just about every fastener you can think of)