Jammed Slug.....

Ok, so I have a 700mm FX STX liner with a slug jammed about 1 1/2" down from the muzzle.

Any and all tips/tricks to get this damn thing out without F'ing up my new liner would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated.

I just bought this Crown Continuum MKii and haven't even had it 2 weeks yet.

PLEASE for the love of all thats Holy, can somebody help me out? 

There are several ways you Can do this. Remove the liner and use a co2 muzzle loader bullet removal tool. Or you can use a shop compressor with an adapter that has some Teflon tape to seal up with your barrel. You could also even use a grease gun push out the slug. Look up grease gun bullet removal on youtube to view that process. You might even be successful with getting a wooden dowel from a craft store and hit that thing with brass, rubber or wooden mallet. Good luck to you. 

I’m not an expert with air rifle barrels. I have read that some barrels are “choked”. If the barrel in question is choked I would think the choke caused the jam. If it’s choked maybe push the slug from the muzzle towards the breech. I realize it’s a long way to push to the breech but if it’s choked, it might be smarter. 

Here’s something that might be involved but sort of a last resort. You didn’t mention the caliber, but lets say it’s a .22. Get a .22 cleaning rod and one of the screw on brass tips, and here’s the hard part, modify the brass piece by cutting it down and drilling a hole in it for a 3/16” or so drill bit. Then solder with acid core solder the drill to the brass piece, possibly super glue could work too, then assemble it to the cleaning rod and, by hand, drill through the slug. The thin wall of remaining slug won’t have the holding power any longer because it’s no longer solid, then push it out with cleaning rod without drill on it. I’ve done it for things much harder than lead slugs before at work.

P.S. If you use acid core solder to bond drill to brass piece be sure to meticulously wash acid residue off of assembly.

Randy

Oddly enough, I tend to do this regularly. I'm always tinkering with new slugs and power setting...it happens. From my powder burner days, I learned to NEVER use a wooden dowel to push a bullet through the barrel. Get yourself a brass rod somewhat smaller than your bore diameter. Wrap masking tape around it a layer or two deep at intervals of a couple inches down the length of the rod. Dribble oil down the bore and let the gun sit for a while so that the oil soaks in around the slug. drop the rod down the bore to the slug and tap it out, it won't take much. Airgun slugs tend to be really soft and just don't grab the barrel that tightly.

Now, if you do this with a wooden dowel, and the slug is really lodged in there, say like a jacketed bullet in a powder burner, the dowel will splinter around the bullet and lock it in even tighter...no bueno. Don't even ask me how I know.

Save yourself some possible headaches and set yourself up now to do it the right way. The rods can be attained at any good hardware or hobby shop with a "K&S metal center" in 3 foot lengths and cost a couple bucks. The tape rings acts like bearings between the rod and the bore.

FWIW

Chris