Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those “Peepers”?

I love a springer with a peep sight. If you have never tried it, you really should. After all, most springers are not target guns. Not like a PCP. The majority of shooting takes place less than 30 yards. The peep keeps the springer balanced, small and light. Don’t get me wrong, I like scopes also. But enjoy shooting springers with peeps even more so.
Show us your “Peepers”!
3C4D1C4F-462D-4840-8E29-F422ED06C072.jpeg

This one fits the HWs perfectly. Mycapt found them a while back. I had to adjust it up a ways for 10m, but there is a little room for more.

I moved the Anschutz to my 753 for now.

Another option is this Williams Peep Sight. I drill and tap the base and add a stop pin for my Weihrauch’s. They will move without a pin. The new Williams has a nice matte black finish. The older ones are gloss black. I prefer the matte black. I just put one on my HW30. A great addition for under $50.
EAD7EF89-19D2-4488-9308-1765FF831125.jpeg
2CD4E031-A821-4298-A624-B5EA67F9DEA6.jpeg
CE1EFBD2-4C54-47A4-AC00-51B7AA178402.jpeg
4E70CE65-8A74-4ECD-A30D-26A9D1BA05FA.jpeg

I have one of those too, but it lost its home when I received the Tech Sight.
I put an adjustable iris on the Williams which helped a lot in poor lighting.

To make them stay put I clean everything and use the slightest amount of JB bore paste to keep them from moving.

I shoot the HW30 better with the Anschutz/Gehman combo, but the goal is to release the HW30 from 10m duty, hence the Tech Sight.

The bad part is I have not been able to outshoot my HW30 with my Daisy 753. From the bench the 753 is lights out. Working on the stock fitment.
More practice is needed.

I love a springer with a peep sight. If you have never tried it, you really should. After all, most springers are not target guns. Not like a PCP. The majority of shooting takes place less than 30 yards. The peep keeps the springer balanced, small and light. Don’t get me wrong, I like scopes also. But enjoy shooting springers with peeps even more so.
Show us your “Peepers”!View attachment 339062
I am with you. All of my guns that have front sights have peeps, only the guns that were made to be scope only have scopes. I had cataract surgery a couple of years ago, mostly to correct flaring from bright lights, never had a problem shooting any irons. To me these guns just balance and handle better with irons. I bit the bullet and put Gehmann adjustable iris's in my peeps.

Nothing fancy but it works really well. This is a Williams WGRS-54 mounted on my .22 cal HW-95. Front sight is factory original.
I was a little nervous about trying this because lots of folks have reported even at the lowest setting the rifle shoots to high with peep sights. I've not had this problem. I have plenty of room to move the elevation up or down.

1678476191285-49123235.jpg

16784762466431767442808.jpg

Nothing fancy but it works really well. This is a Williams WGRS-54 mounted on my .22 cal HW-95. Front sight is factory original.
I was a little nervous about trying this because lots of folks have reported even at the lowest setting the rifle shoots to high with peep sights. I've not had this problem. I have plenty of room to move the elevation up or down.

View attachment 339403

View attachment 339404
Nice elegant solution. Did you have to modify the dovetail on the sight?

Yeah...aperture sights have sorta split off into a separate full-fledged mental disorder at my house. 🙄

E2C52D2F-1C2A-4A05-808C-C83E55E89E68.jpeg

To me, vintage springer + aperture sight is the perfect match: hugely improved sighting, while retaining the handling the gun's designers intended. My avatar pic is an Anschutz 6702 with vintage Gehmann magnifying iris, mounted to an HW 55...below are a couple of other individual favorites.

This early Diana sight can be used in two modes, for which the early models 35 and 50 have two separate mounting rails. Mounted to the forward rail at the breech, it's a normal open "notch" sight. But mounted to the rear rail with this simple eye disk attached, it also works as a peep. Note the "step" and numbered scale on the side of the sight, which tracks how many times you've rotated the 20-click elevation wheel.

40C426C8-F8B4-4BBF-B052-485D1550239C.jpeg

This is a British Parker-Hale PH 16M, on a Webley Mk 3 rifle. The stout steel mechanism screws directly to the receiver and is offset from the line of sight; the engraved elevation and windage scales are both visible from behind; and the tiny eye disk gives a minimal "ghost ring" sight picture - an ideal sporting peep sight. A unique detail is that the sighting arm will flip rearward 90 degrees - you can keep the gun's open sight mounted and dial each unit in at a different distance (bigger 6-hole PH 62 eyepiece in second shot).

591467A7-950D-4385-A8E6-36BDCCE5D0A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah...aperture sights have sorta split off into a separate full-fledged mental disorder at my house. 🙄

View attachment 339608

My avatar pic is an Anschutz 6702 with vintage Gehmann magnifying iris, mounted to an HW 55. Below are a couple of other individual favorites.

This early Diana sight can be used in two modes, for which this early model 50 has two separate mounting rails. Mounted to the forward rail at the breech, it's a normal open "notch" sight. But mounted to the rear rail with this simple eye disk attached, it also works as a peep. Note the "step" and numbered scale on the side of the sight, which tracks how many times you've rotated the 20-click elevation wheel.

View attachment 339616

This is a British Parker-Hale PH 16M, on a Webley Mk 3 rifle. The stout steel mechanism is screwed directly to the receiver and offset from the line of sight; the engraved elevation and windage scales are both visible from behind; and the tiny eye disk gives a minimal "ghost ring" sight picture - an ideal sporting peep sight. A unique detail is that the arm with the eye disk will flip rearward 90 degrees - you can keep the gun's open sight mounted and dial each unit in at a different distance.

View attachment 339609
What a gorgeous collection. The Parker-Hale is to die for. Thanks for showing. Crow

Reactions: MDriskill