JoeB fill whip will not fit any of the Tuxing or gold male fittings

Conversely, there is nothing wrong with the "cheap knock off" fittings. They have worked fine for me with filters, compressor, adapters, etc. I have a 98 cf JB tank, whip and adapter and the fitting shoulder clearances on some of the fittings are too close for the standard economical fittings, though all these seem to work fine with each other.. You will have to decide if you need to switch out to the cheaper fittings, as needed, or switch out to JB's "premium" fittings @ 3 times the cost to accomplish compatibility. 

I'm not sure that this will work in your situation but I think it will. AOA sells an adapter (male to male in stainless steel) that connected the whip that they sell with the OMEGA tank to my Tuxing gold filter foster fittings with a little of extra pressure applied during connection. It connects easily to the whip but takes a little more effort to connect to the gold filter foster fitting then works perfectly. You must make sure the fitting is completely secured though by pulling the sleeve fully into the locked position when connecting. It held 4800 lbs. twice but hissed a bit till I wiggled it on the first fill. Just tell them what you're using and they should be able to advise you. Bill

The problem with the compatibility is the US foster male is smaller in diameter than the Chinese so female Chinese to American male will blow off under pressure and American female won’t fit on a male Chinese. What I just said is also not consistent as it seems there is overall no set standard from China. If all you have is Chinese fittings you may be ok but no way will I jamb a off sized fitting on a high priced gun fitting.

This male connector from China will mess up both Chinese and US Foster female o-rings. I've had no issue with Chinese female fittings for the most part.
1522710972_4374480215ac2b9bc3e7465.09663692_China male connector.jpg

It is only the Yong Heng and Tuxing fittings with the M10x1 threads that are different. As well as having different dimensions, they use two O-rings instead of one. Some will couple with other brands and others won't. Usually, the female will accept other male brands but in my experience, it will damage the outer O-ring in a short amount of time and it will fail usually when the bottle is almost full. Other fittings with NPT or BSP threads that I have bought from China have been fine. A little bit of mixing and matching and perhaps cutting new threads where needed should sort out any compatibility issues without having to use a local product that may cost up to 10x as much. Here in Australia, there is no local makers or even any suppliers of these type of QDs so the only affordable option is Chinese.

Hi Eaglebeak. How many fills do you think I will get before I have an O ring failure? I haven't filled more than twice with the AOA male to male adapter and would like to plan ahead. The adapter works great at the moment from the Tuxing whip female foster to the AOA whip female foster from the OMEGA air tank and slides on both like butter and seals perfectly. knowledge from your experience would be great to have. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill
I don't think it is predictable. There are so many variables that will affect the results. It may happen after a couple of fills or an infinite number. Just inspect the O-rings for nicks before every fill and keep an eye on things while you are filling. I use a one way male to male fitting as protection against losing a tank full of air if it happens when I'm out of the room. It also lets me open my tank valve before I switch the pump on and when the pressure in the line equalizes the valve opens and the tank begins the fill. I have explained this in previous posts in this forum. You're welcome. Ian