JTS JTS AIRACUDA STANDARD .22 Owners!

First few months I had it never lost any pressure. Id shoot it every few days. Sometimes only once a week. It's been a few hours and has dropped. I've only put about 2k shots through it. Probably needs seals piled I'm guessing. It's slow . But enough to see it move from the 3k jash to below the 3k hash in a few hours. Will check later.
I'm lucky on this one and my Talon SS. Four bad O-rings on the Gauntlet and two on the Disco .22. They have been sitting now three weeks to three months which I'll do pump rebuild during this hot mess during last two months.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Every few hundred shots I add a few drops of oil into the end of the Fill hose while airing it up to help keep the Orings lubricated, does it help? I dunno! LOL
Over the last few hours she leaked down to 2500 psi. After seeing your post and some light googling I decided a few drops of 3 in 1 I had on hand wouldn't hurt and may help me locate a leak by later seeking out the residual oil. Tried to add oil to the male end of the quick connect.... that is exactly where it was leaking. Snugged up the fitting with a 12mm wrench leak lessened added air and placed my finger over the hole. No longer noticed a leak and oil was no longer bubbling....

Will probably add another drop or 2 on next fill...

Will report back.

• Love
Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Over the last few hours she leaked down to 2500 psi. After seeing your post and some light googling I decided a few drops of 3 in 1 I had on hand wouldn't hurt and may help me locate a leak by later seeking out the residual oil. Tried to add oil to the male end of the quick connect.... that is exactly where it was leaking. Snugged up the fitting with a 12mm wrench leak lessened added air and placed my finger over the hole. No longer noticed a leak and oil was no longer bubbling....

Will report back.

Reactions: DoktorPotteR

Will report back.I am not sure if 3 in One Oil is Petroleum based? If so, I would make sure that you use some Oil safe for Orings. Glad ya found the Leak!

• Wow
Did keep pressure over night. On the e in 1 website it states their lubricant is silicone based. However further inspection on the bottle does state there is petroleum distillate. I'll get some full air gun grade silicone base on order. As a precaution
I went all around My town and no one had an advertised "Silicone Oil", so I went to ACE Hardware to look. Being a Roofer when I was much younger I remembered that the Nail/Staple guns we used needed oiling every morning, So I bought a Small Bottle of "Craftsman Pneumatic Lubricant Oil". I didn't want to have to order/pay shipping and wait. It's for the same thing. Lubricate the Orings. Good Luck.

I went all around My town and no one had an advertised "Silicone Oil", so I went to ACE Hardware to look. Being a Roofer when I was much younger I remembered that the Nail/Staple guns we used needed oiling every morning, So I bought a Small Bottle of "Craftsman Pneumatic Lubricant Oil". I didn't want to have to order/pay shipping and wait. It's for the same thing. Lubricate the Orings. Good Luck.
You can use silicone grease and you can find it in the plumbing section at Lowes or any hardware store. Or a hobby store that sells RC cars. The shock oil for them is silicone

I have Silicone Grease, but had to order that. But any silicone Oil I needed was not available in the stores. They list it on their web page but do not keep it in stock. It all has to be ordered then shipped to store. It's a small town. For any other options it requires a 2 Hour round trip. Same with something like Balistol. No stores near Me carry it.

You can use silicone grease and you can find it in the plumbing section at Lowes or any hardware store. Or a hobby store that sells RC cars. The shock oil for them is silicone
Any particular weight if I go with the shock oil. I may just order something online but I remembered this morning my original hand pump that i decided was more work than i cared to do came with a very small tube of silicone oil. It will probably last me a few years at a couple drops at a time. About 25% leaked out already so I placed it on a piece of cardboard upright on a shelf instead of it being in the box.

Any particular weight if I go with the shock oil. I may just order something online but I remembered this morning my original hand pump that i decided was more work than i cared to do came with a very small tube of silicone oil. It will probably last me a few years at a couple drops at a time. About 25% leaked out already so I placed it on a piece of cardboard upright on a shelf instead of it being in the box.
Use the Oil that came with the pump. It was provided most likely for maintaining the Orings in the pump.

Silicone shock oil for my RC car. I'm about out, need to check prices, darn bottle going on for last three years...used 35 wt.
Ended up going with 3.25 turns out from flush.
950-990fps ramps up then back down. Over 30 shots. Not as tight as I've seen. But 3 turns and 3.5 were worse.

Going to get a bigger water catch filter. And going to re zero. Appeared to be a decent group.

Also looks like it will shoot some of the heavier hybrid slugs tighter.

Original tune from out of box was about 1.75 more turns out. And was going from 865-925fps had a super sharp shot curve. This one isn't as tight as I would like but I'm okay with it.

I will hold off atleast till Christmas before I get the avenge-x or something slightly better that's regulated.

Reactions: Dog
Ended up going with 3.25 turns out from flush.
950-990fps ramps up then back down. Over 30 shots. Not as tight as I've seen. But 3 turns and 3.5 were worse.

Going to get a bigger water catch filter. And going to re zero. Appeared to be a decent group.

Also looks like it will shoot some of the heavier hybrid slugs tighter.

Original tune from out of box was about 1.75 more turns out. And was going from 865-925fps had a super sharp shot curve. This one isn't as tight as I would like but I'm okay with it.

I will hold off atleast till Christmas before I get the avenge-x or something slightly better that's regulated.
The avenger looks nice. H.A.M. shows some really nice groups for this regulated rifle. But twice the price and still 10lbs as tested and not thrilled at adjusting the regulator. I have one of my boys 4.5k PB tanks that is very light and easy in the field if I miss with all 30 shots. Me just jealous of the Avenger X with optional carbon tank...

The avenger looks nice. H.A.M. shows some really nice groups for this regulated rifle. But twice the price and still 10lbs as tested and not thrilled at adjusting the regulator. I have one of my boys 4.5k PB tanks that is very light and easy in the field if I miss with all 30 shots. Me just jealous of the Avenger X with optional carbon tank...

I think adjusting the regulator is pretty straight forward, i'm still considering a drop in style for the airacuda, @3.25 turns from all the way in. and the gauge reading 2600- 2200 psi, I got a shot string of 967 960 960 960 957 957 957 955 947 947 945 943 ... 947 fps with 18.1 grain should be 36 FPE. so in theory if I add the drop in regulator I could hopefully get 20 plus shots within 950 fps at 2200 psi. with the hammer spring at 3.25. it took about 26 shots to get to the 2200 psi line. I could have got more shots at 3 turns out but it was a bigger shot curve and i am tuning for power and accuracy not shot count. so. my thinking is by regulating to say 2250-2300 psi. add the shot strings then divide by 12 which gets 954psi. factor in a a slight variance and hopefully bam bobs your uncle. i would then have in theory have a little extra air from the middle twelve shots that are higher than the 954 avg hopefully extending me to within a 10-15 fps variance by 30+ if i'm lucky and doing my guessing correctly. lol.

I have placed a regulator into my early "Test rifle" .22 cal Airacuda standard. That along with a Custom SSG hammer anti-bounce.
Now it makes a solid @45 regulated shots on a tune delivering @ 32 fpe.

Few months ago updated the barrel to a 24" changing nothing in tune settings, power jumped to @ 36 fpe with the same 45 shot count.

LOVE this rifle !!!

Yea not a factory stock either .. so admitting it's not stock any longer 🥴

12b.jpg

I have placed a regulator into my early "Test rifle" .22 cal Airacuda standard. That along with a Custom SSG hammer anti-bounce.

Few months ago updated the barrel to a 24" changing nothing in tune settings, power jumped to @ 36 fpe with the same 45 shot count.

LOVE this rifle !!!

Personally, I prefer the look of the factory stock, I have some concern with the single bolt holding everything to the stock and the wood being to soft. I may drill out the hole and add a large washer, and make some type of stopper to go over it to retain the eye appeal. I like the look as is. But i realize drilling or boring out for the washer will make it less appealing. so i'll need something .

If only I didn't like to tinker.

I think adjusting the regulator is pretty straight forward, i'm still considering a drop in style for the airacuda, @3.25 turns from all the way in. and the gauge reading 2600- 2200 psi, I got a shot string of 967 960 960 960 957 957 957 955 947 947 945 943 ... 947 fps with 18.1 grain should be 36 FPE. so in theory if I add the drop in regulator I could hopefully get 20 plus shots within 950 fps at 2200 psi. with the hammer spring at 3.25. it took about 26 shots to get to the 2200 psi line. I could have got more shots at 3 turns out but it was a bigger shot curve and i am tuning for power and accuracy not shot count. so. my thinking is by regulating to say 2250-2300 psi. add the shot strings then divide by 12 which gets 954psi. factor in a a slight variance and hopefully bam bobs your uncle. i would then have in theory have a little extra air from the middle twelve shots that are higher than the 954 avg hopefully extending me to within a 10-15 fps variance by 30+ if i'm lucky and doing my guessing correctly. lol.
Lots have been satisfied using the secret "strangler" flow valve with hammer to get higher lighter pellet shot count. My comment on the regulator adjustment was having to depressurise before adjusting or risk borking the reg.

I feel that my rifle is a good 50 yard gun with enough energy / accuracy for intended small game with cheap 18 gr. pellets. My regulated .25 has more down range energy with heavier pellets. I could jump into regulated 4.5k guns in an instant...trying to resist...

Lots have been satisfied using the secret "strangler" flow valve with hammer to get higher lighter pellet shot count. My comment on the regulator adjustment was having to depressurise before adjusting or risk borking the reg.

I feel that my rifle is a good 50 yard gun with enough energy / accuracy for intended small game with cheap 18 gr. pellets. My regulated .25 has more down range energy with heavier pellets. I could jump into regulated 4.5k guns in an instant...trying to resist...

I am thinking the same. When I get the chance i would like to see how dialed the airacuda is for 75 yards. and that will probably be my max range for it.

If I get the avenge-x I am trying to decide between the .22 or the .25 even though you can switch to either. it seems the Hammer spring and internals are really only good for .22 and .177 . so I would either be getting the same fpe but slightly more accurate. or greater fpe but having to immediately change things. at which point it gets harder and harder to not just jump up to something else in a .25 that is out of the box better.

I would honestly almost spring for an edgun. But there are more important things in my life right now like getting out of debt.
I'm about to propose to the county and surrounding counties to see if I can get a contract to work on getting paid to take out the city pigeons .... then it' would be justifiable lol.

Reactions: Dog

LOVE this rifle !!!

View attachment 493733
I like the free floating barrel! Glad to see the receiver up to snuff. The scary part gets to IF you need a moderator for around house, I ended up trying adapters and moderators that cost as much as my $230 Gauntlet. I ended up using 3D cones with the shroud. Lol, I like your way much better!

Reactions: Motorhead