JTS Dead Center .30 ammo

I ordered a few cans of the .45gr JTS .Dead Center .30 ammo to try out a couple months ago, just now got home and was able to open the package from Pyramydair that’s been sitting here waiting on me….
Perfectly packaged as usual from Pyramyd and I opened a can up to check them out. These are the CLEANEST pellets I think I’ve ever seen. Very excited to see how the Evol and the Uragan likes them. They seem to have a thinner skirt than my trusty JSB 44gr.
Fingers crossed! Definitely going to stock up on these if they do well.

0A718417-59CB-40DF-9B0D-A822E2975587.jpeg

Just tried them a couple weeks ago in my FX Boss. I'm very impressed, like you. Quality of pellets in tin, accuracy & consistency were superb! Also have some of their .25's I've yet to try but have high expectations. Ended up using nothing but their pellets for the day's hunt where majority of shots were 80-93 yards. CONSISTENTLY accurate on Ground Squirrel heads!

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Tried them today with the Evol .30 and the Uragan King.
The Evol didn’t seem to like them at its current tune. I think it is shooting 44gr JSBs at 888 fps if I remember correctly. I’d have to get my notebook out to be sure or the chrony.
The Uragan on the other hand is tuned at 920ish with the 44gr and it was grouping these Dead Center JTS 45gr pellets nicely at 78yds today.
Pics of the Uragan 78 yard groups below:
06EA6362-3751-44EB-8EA5-30CB6BC25F6D.jpeg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
906323C1-4DFF-498A-827F-9751E944B46E.jpeg

This was the Evol…. The lower 48 acre group are one magazine plus one shot from another magazine, and then I tried just using “kentucky windage” to see if I could even hit the sticker. Those are holes you see scattered around the sticker. At that point I decided I was wasting pellets and stopped. I pulled a cleaning rag through the barrel and wasted a few more pellets to season the barrel again and tried again. This time I got a semi-ok 4 shots and then it fell apart again and looks just like the original group. It WAS gusting some wind but the major issue I’m fairly sure is simply the considerably slower pellet speed. That’s the worst group I’ve ever seen from the Evol. It stacks JSB’s like the above Uragan’s groups (or better) at the same distance.

So, I’m just going to continue stocking up on JSBs for my Evol which it LOVES.