Just Ordered A Tuxing TXEDT033

My 032 Tuxing has a fixed Relief valve labeled at 300 bar which is 4351psi. Mine has never opened yet and I have filled to 4300 psi as shown on the gage. This relief is a direct acting design and not adjustable unless you have a calibrated test fixture to verify setting if you add shims or alter spring. Given the design, the best you could hope for is a spring rate that varies +/- 10%. I could go on but over time the relief spring will fatigue and blow setting will alter over time. Gage they use also is at best +/- 10% however repeatability is key here when making your shutoff setting. So far mine is repeatable at 4300 psi on the compressor gage and shows 4200 on rifle gage. Huben rifle shows 4100 psi so again repeatable.

Reactions: gyeghoian
If you was me you'd leave it on the first setting I had it. It was at suggested levels and filled perfectly without issue. It's not possible to reach the level I had moved it too, I should've known that. I didn't let it run long and surprisingly the temp never reached above 112, I was topping off tank from 3000. I'm using the water wetter now and it seems to have lowered the temp some. the outside temp is 25 degrees and a little warmer in shop, that is brutal for se Louisiana

Reactions: Camaro454
What if the compressor spends the winter in a 25deg garage?
I use
1671897219685.png
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H01NFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it is all organic and never had an issue I would not use striaght coolant or even a mix...but this stuff will not cause any build up at all , have used it for years and it is whistle clean and safe....key is its Organic and will not eat up metal or rubber zero build up!....just my two cents. I have an airveturi 4500 and it stays in garage Arkansas weather ...its 12 degrees here now....

Is tuxing the people who make the Airventuri 4500 twin , I thing they are? got mine at Pyramyd air a year ago and filling scba left and right love it!! I take better care of it then my wife LOL
There are more similarities than differences between an Air Venturi and a Tuxing twin cylinder compressors but they are not identical. The most common failure point on Air Venturi's and Tuxing's is the high pressure piston seals. They are not interchangeable. I would bet there are many other parts that will not work in the other brand.

I received my gauge. It's dented.

It has a four pin connector and the one that's on the 033 has two pins.

I'm looking for an electrical box for the 031, none are specifically listed by model #, they're simply 110/220 or 12 volt, and you assume any liability by ordering the wrong one. Also I don't believe they come with any instructions so if the wires are different colors and amount of wires how can we do this mod successfully unless a member who owns an 031 takes his apart and shows us a photo. It's imperative we label each wire before unplugging the mess to get to the elec box.

81D8D52A-06FF-4A67-8400-BBB399F06AAB.jpeg

2BD0F69A-0EE3-4D7D-8E82-DC97B91C1536.jpeg

Great thread. I am just getting started with PCPs and I have been researching these Tuxing models on Amazon and watching prices. Today I ordered the TXEDM042 model for $559, which was down from $799. OK state tax brings it to just over $600. When compared to all of the cheaper 12V models for around $300, this seemed like a no-brainer since I will be filling a 75 cu foot tank. The discussion on coolant was very interesting. Glad folks took the time to post. I also order the Ingersoll-Rand compressor oil, 5L for $133. Besides all of the recommendations in this thread I am also considering EVANS Coolant EC53001 High Performance Waterless Coolant/Antifreeze on Amazon. $100 per gal. I'm thinking my coolant tank would need a minimum of two gallons, but not sure. This is turning out to be an expensive hobby. :rolleyes:

I received my gauge. It's dented.

It has a four pin connector and the one that's on the 033 has two pins.

I'm looking for an electrical box for the 031, none are specifically listed by model #, they're simply 110/220 or 12 volt, and you assume any liability by ordering the wrong one. Also I don't believe they come with any instructions so if the wires are different colors and amount of wires how can we do this mod successfully unless a member who owns an 031 takes his apart and shows us a photo. It's imperative we label each wire before unplugging the mess to get to the elec box.

View attachment 317913

View attachment 317914
I ordered the control box and another digital gauge from the 031. They wouldn't identify the control box separately. Once I get it I'll check the supply voltage for the gauge and identify the 4 wires. Then all you need is a little power supply for the gauge and a 2 wire to 4 wire harness with the power being injected. I can send you the connectors or amazon links. Bought a 10 pack of each.

Reactions: Deltaman
So, would you recommend the 032 model without the " auto" over the 033? The 032 model is about $200 more which doesn't make much sense to me. Less features for more money. ($959 vs $1159 - Amaz)
Oh no, get the auto shut off, just don't trust it 100% If it goes south we've all got emails. I've gotten mine back up and running and it's fine now. I switched oils from Royal Purple toSECO Lube 500, I found that the RP tends to 'smoke' others haven't had that issue with it so YMMV. Oh the thing takes darn little oil no reason to get a gallon.

Great thread. I am just getting started with PCPs and I have been researching these Tuxing models on Amazon and watching prices. Today I ordered the TXEDM042 model for $559, which was down from $799. OK state tax brings it to just over $600. When compared to all of the cheaper 12V models for around $300, this seemed like a no-brainer since I will be filling a 75 cu foot tank. The discussion on coolant was very interesting. Glad folks took the time to post. I also order the Ingersoll-Rand compressor oil, 5L for $133. Besides all of the recommendations in this thread I am also considering EVANS Coolant EC53001 High Performance Waterless Coolant/Antifreeze on Amazon. $100 per gal. I'm thinking my coolant tank would need a minimum of two gallons, but not sure. This is turning out to be an expensive hobby. :rolleyes:
OMG you'll have oil and coolant for your lifetime and that of any descendants. 50/50 premix from the auto parts store would have been fine as long as it's anti-corrosive.

hmm - I used Royal Purple SynFilm Recip. 100 when I was using a Yong Heng for a couple of years and it never smoked. I did switch to Seco 500 for the new Tuxing I recently bought.

View attachment 311977
The Seco shows no sign of 'smoking' or perhaps it was vaporizing, anyway, no issues with a short 20min tank refill.

I'm confused. The seco and nuvair oil is cheaper and rated for the high pressure. The waterless antifreeze will have a worse thermal conductivity (compressor will run hotter).

Reactions: HogKiller
I'm confused. The seco and nuvair oil is cheaper and rated for the high pressure. The waterless antifreeze will have a worse thermal conductivity (compressor will run hotter).
I can tell you that my 032 running 50/50 premix I can touch the high pressure side and it's hot but not so hot that it burns my hand. I don't remember the exact temp, something like 67c/152f, not too bad for 20 min.

Reactions: Airhead m3
Yes 300 bar and lower. Op wanted to get to 325 bar. Not possible without extreme danger.
I've been pushing to 4500psi and the pressure relief hasn't kicked in. Not pushing my luck beyond that, no need to. Sadly I can't get any of the 3 gauges to agree within 300psi., Tuxing, and the two on my bottle. I'm trusting the oil filled one on my bottle more.

I believe mine ran 127 temp with over a 20 minute fill just using water.
Yup. The 50/50 runs a little hotter but within reason. Waterless will run even hotter orangeokie.
The plastic piston rings will soften and wear faster if you go higher in temperature with straight glycol. Also, keep in mind we aren't checking piston ring temperature we are checking outside cylinder temperature, which is lower.

I ordered the control box and another digital gauge from the 031. They wouldn't identify the control box separately. Once I get it I'll check the supply voltage for the gauge and identify the 4 wires. Then all you need is a little power supply for the gauge and a 2 wire to 4 wire harness with the power being injected. I can send you the connectors or amazon links. Bought a 10 pack of each.
Your saying I don't need to purchase a control box off of a 031 to convert the 033 to dig gauge and I also want to be able to input purge times? I just need a power supply for dig gauge. Tuxing isn't as responsive as they once was. I actually received the wrong compressor and just told them. I'll see what I can get for free.