• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Karma Karma Red Panda...Extinct ??

krale just added karma stuff, preorder of course
Krale added the Red Panda bench 1 or 2 months ago I think and this week they added the SLS and EQ rifles, but it's all pre-orders.
I placed an order for the Red Panda bench as soon as I saw it so if the amount of rifles they get is limited I hope I'm top 10 if they deliver by time of order placed. When I asked about the rifle they said that the rifles had been shipped and they were expecting the first ones soon, this was on the 22nd of May.
I was hoping to receive the rifle before the end of June but that's no longer possible so hoping for July delivery then.

@AirNGasman I had taken weight into consideration, which is what makes the Karma Red Panda and Scout Epoch understandably exciting to banchrest competitors. I do recall, @centeruct I believe, using a system of machined weights to compete with a Redwolf in past (EBR?) competitions. I think Michael had posted some photos of a Redwolf (or maybe a Delta wolf) weighted down on a bench at a comp. Considering all of this, not seeing them place in this year's RMAC is still strange.

I edited my last post probably since you read it E, so check it out again. In that editing I forgot to mention that adding as much weight as the shooter can physically handle is becoming almost universal among BR and FT shooters.

I saw that happen In NRA Air Rifle Silhouette (all OFFHAND) competitions decades ago. When the Silhouette powers that be started finding it difficult to keep their 'Sporter' Class rigs under the 10 pound, five ounce weight limit they simply increased it to eleven pounds to accommodate their advantages. That is why this State Champion title and two NRA National Record certificates are some of my most cherished awards-

'
TW 160 trophies.JPG

My rig weighed barely HALF that of all my competitors'. :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: tibor and Ezana4CE
@AirNGasman I had taken weight into consideration, which is what makes the Karma Red Panda and Scout Epoch understandably exciting to benchrest competitors. I do recall @Centercut, I believe, using a system of machined weights to compete with a Redwolf in past (EBR?) competitions. I think Michael had posted some photos of a Redwolf (or maybe a Delta wolf) weighted down on a bench at a comp. Considering all of this, not seeing them place in this year's RMAC is still strange.
Weights are very popular with many rifles, regardless of brand. Even those Pandas have weights added in some cases. Some rifles badly need it, because they are so light. The Panda barrel alone at 7lbs weighs as much as some rifles.

Again, I wouldn’t read too much into not seeing Daystates. There were some very good shooters that didn’t perform exceptionally well, but the numbers are not in their favor in this competition. EBR is the opposite with more Daystates up top, because they have many more Daystate shooters there. There is no secret that each of the two completions favor the people shooting the rifles they sell. This is a marketing event after all.

Reactions: Justaguy and tibor
Weights are very popular with many rifles, regardless of brand. Even those Pandas have weights added in some cases. Some rifles badly need it, because they are so light. The Panda barrel alone at 7lbs weighs as much as some rifles.

Again, I wouldn’t read too much into not seeing Daystates. There were some very good shooters that didn’t perform exceptionally well, but the numbers are not in their favor in this competition. EBR is the opposite with more Daystates up top, because they have many more Daystate shooters there. There is no secret that each of the two completions favor the people shooting the rifles they sell. This is a marketing event after all.

@Smok3y I was thinking about that as well when I went back to look for certain posts that I didn't recall the details on. EBR and RMAC seem to have different compositions concerning their shooters, gear, and maybe even team sponsors (I hand considered looking at the sponsors until I read your post). Thanks for your input.

Now that's awesome!

Considering you appreciate the improbability of those results, dig this (too). The SEARS & ROEBUCK TED WILLIAMS MATCH RIFLE (branded Crosman 160) was not only the oldest gun on the firing lines by decades (around Y2K), but the ONLY .22 caliber, and Co2 gun. All the others were .177 HW97, TX200, or WHISCOMBE springers. :oops: