Keep it Clean! With Ballistol (& Giveaway)

I started using Ballistol well before my (serious) airgun days. It's excellent for a lot of things, and it's materials compatibility is its strong suit - won't harm wood, leather, plastic, rubber or anything else that I know of. It's also refreshingly non-toxic. Unfortunately it's only a mediocre preservative in areas where rust is a problem.

The scent thing really throws me, though I've heard it before. I consider Ballistol nearly odorless. Yes, I can smell it if I stick my nose over the can, but the aroma is not nearly as strong as most cleaners. (Try some ammonia-based copper remover and get back to me...)

It's nearly all I use on my airguns, because the prevalence of o-rings and plastic components make other cleaners and preservatives inadvisable.

When I first discovered it, I bought the "little" (6 oz?) can. I liked it well enough that I bought the "big" (16 oz?) can. Still haven't opened the big can... A little goes a long ways.

GsT

309 is my guess.

I don't know what people don't like about the smell. Ballistol smells good to me. I't not like I want to spray the stuff after a guest uses my bathroom, but as far a cleaning solutions and oils go - the smell is good. It's not strong or overpowering. It doesn't have a strong chemical smell to it. Works for me and I've been using on my airguns for almost as long as I've been on this forum. I use it to clean bores with a Patchworm kit and wipe down the outside of metal, wood, and synthetic surfaces.

309 is my guess.

I don't know what people don't like about the smell. Ballistol smells good to me. I't not like I want to spray the stuff after a guest uses my bathroom, but as far a cleaning solutions and oils go - the smell is good. It's not strong or overpowering. It doesn't have a strong chemical smell to it. Works for me and I've been using on my airguns for almost as long as I've been on this forum. I use it to clean bores with a Patchworm kit and wipe down the outside of metal, wood, and synthetic surfaces.
Yeah, me too! Smells good 😊