Kraford and Lypt LTECH Probe system review

Hey all, been a long time coming but finally popped a mini-review out of the Kraford and Lypt LTECH Probe system.

You can check it out here.
K&L LTECH review

I definitely saw some efficiency/fps gains. Know there was a bunch of discussion on features in the product release post, so won't text wall that here.

I will share a screenshot of fps averages from the video below--I believe it's safe to say, there are some gains to be made! I did this testing against the FX probe. With a high flow or pin probe, I'm seeing results at about 35-50% vs the OEM probe--just haven't had the time to sit down to do a full battery of testing. So while the gains aren't as large vs a high flow/pin probe, I am still seeing them.

Screenshot_20230417-094552.png

Other than changing barrel kits out and reg pressure, my M3 remained unchanged for testing (other than swapping buttstocks). I use a digital reg gauge, so the testing should be fairly level set from a consistency standpoint. My hammer wheel was set at a specific macro value for the 100bar and then 150bar tests for both 600mm and 700mm barrel kits.

Hope y'all enjoy if you were curious about this Impact accessory!

That's significant. Similar to the differences between 600mm & 700mm barrels without the added length. Thanks for sharing your results.
Yes, that's what I was finding with my testing...it gets close to making up the difference in barrel length.

I do want to do some digging on my 600mm LTECH slug test as the other three showed very similar results with gains except this one. Could have been the gun still settling in as speeds increased on that string -- or may have been maxing out airflow for the 600mm barrel? Not sure there but when I find some time again, I want to get another crack at the 600mm setup with L-Tech at the higher reg pressure.

I think this has found a home for me though with my 25.39 MRD setup with a 600mm barrel!

I'm wondering how loud is the probe when it retracts ? In the vidoes it seems quite loud.

Thanks for the info !
The noise isn't as loud as it seems on the video, but there is a way to dampen it by putting a very thin delrin or nylon washer in the back of the probe carrier. That quiets it up. We've decided it isn't loud enough to really worry about it and in hopes to keep things simple, haven't implemented the bumper washer; but certainly something you can mod.

Reactions: Impact701
I have them on two of my M3’s. Both guns were bullet shooters and had fairly long term settings that I was happy with. When I switched to the L-tech, it took some time to find my way back to a setting on each gun that lived up to my standards. With slugs, giving your gun a sudden 30+fps shot in the ass can send you down a whole new tuning path. What I ran into and I won’t go into major detail was I could hit my target speed that the guns used to like at a much lower reg setting. But they just didn’t shoot as well and my efficiency dropped. So then I had to take a different approach. The units are well thought out masterpieces. But I had to consider that FX never had the opportunity to build and test a gun with that kind of chamber volume. It definitely changes things. Way more than switching to a pin probe.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how loud is the probe when it retracts ? In the vidoes it seems quite loud.

Thanks for the info !
Both of the guns I have it on are hunters. As of now I’m not too concerned with the small pop the probe makes when it retracts. Don’t really care if an animal hears it as its soul is leaving its body when I reload. If I miss I definitely know that it’s much more quiet than the sound the animal just heard from my muzzle.

I have them on two of my M3’s. Both guns were bullet shooters and had fairly long term settings that I was happy with. When I switched to the L-tech, it took some time to find my way back to a setting on each gun that lived up to my standards. With slugs, giving your gun a sudden 30+fps shot in the ass can send you down a whole new tuning path. What I ran into and I won’t go into major detail was I could hit my target speed that the guns used to like at a much lower reg setting. But they just didn’t shoot as well and my efficiency dropped. So then I had to take a different approach. The units are well thought out masterpieces. But I had to consider that FX never had the opportunity to build and test a gun with that kind of chamber volume. It definitely changes things. Way more than switching to a pin probe.

Can you elaborate on your tuning approach and results? I'm working through the same thing right now and would appreciate any tips. My old tunes were the 95% method on hammer and valve.

Where is the comparison with a pin probe or a high flow pellet probe?
Sorry @Seeker just saw the reply. Life is super busy with work and kids sports but I am wanting to do another round of testing with high flow/pin probes (moreso the high flow)--was seeing about 30-40% of the gains from monkeying around. They're still there just not as large of a gain. Reason why high flow pellet probes, I want to do some accuracy testing with MRDs on my MK2.

As small as the FX pin probe seems, napkin math, it's still accounting for somewhere around 8-10% of the volume in the transfer port area. Pellet style probes decrease the overall volume available as well as they effectively shrink the diameter down.

I haven't done extensive tuning like @Vetmx but once I can get time to do more testing, I will for sure share the difference between the two tunes.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anybody with the k&l probe noticed it takes a bit more force to chamber the pellet/slug?
You need to check to see that you have it set right. You could be seating your slug too deep and that’s why you are feeling more resistance. Once you get the rod length set so your slug is just in the barrel, you may find that the probe doesn’t retract. Pull the side plate off and there’s a tiny set screw to adjust the retraction pin. Loosen the screw and slide the pin in a tiny bit at a time until the probe retracts.

Reactions: Eli_809
How well they work with centering boat tail slugs. Probably better than a pin probe, but not better than the pellet probe?
I would say it centers everything better than everything. The first two I put on my Impacts never shot anything other than a slug. I recently put one on my pellet/slug Impact. This gun has a LW barrel on it and when I would shoot pellets with the factory probe, I could feel every stage of the pellet as it entered the LW barrel and leade. With the K&L, it’s much smoother and the gun now shoots a Polymag, which is a flimsy pellet that can be damaged easilly during loading very well.

You need to check to see that you have it set right. You could be seating your slug too deep and that’s why you are feeling more resistance. Once you get the rod length set so your slug is just in the barrel, you may find that the probe doesn’t retract. Pull the side plate off and there’s a tiny set screw to adjust the retraction pin. Loosen the screw and slide the pin in a tiny bit at a time until the probe retracts.
I been struggling all trying to figure this out with my L-tech this my help me to fix the problem

Last edited: