KRAFORD & LYPT what’s happening with them

I place an order with them a bit over a week ago and I was told that it would be shipped right out to me. As far as I know it hasn’t been shipped and the company doesn’t reply to both phone calls and emails.
Stephen whom I spoke to said he would look into it and get right back has been silent and unreachable. I have a feeling when they see my number they let it go to voice mail. I’ve contacted them today via email and voice mail to cancel my order and refund my money no response. I guess I’ll have to let AMEX take care of it when I dispute the charges.
So buyer beware if your looking to do business with them.

Reactions: Impact701
Man I just had a similar experience with them. They said it was shipped and after 5 days it was still not dropped off to usps. Finally got it. I sent an email to them and explained how their customer service was horrible. I sent an email inquiring what was going on and never heard back and I never heard a rebuttal from my last email either. This is the 2nd time they have done this and they will no longer get my hard earned money!

Reactions: Impact701
Man I just had a similar experience with them. They said it was shipped and after 5 days it was still not dropped off to usps. Finally got it. I sent an email to them and explained how their customer service was horrible. I sent an email inquiring what was going on and never heard back and I never heard a rebuttal from my last email either. This is the 2nd time they have done this and they will no longer get my hard earned money!

I had contacted Amex right after posting my problem wit K&L within 5 minutes I received the following reply.

We're writing regarding your recent inquiry about the transaction from KRAFORD AND LYPT.

We're writing to let you know that, as a result of our investigation, we've credited your account for $181.16, which will appear on your next statement.

Because I received this response so fast I think AE knows something is going on there. Personally I just think he a business person who’s over his head for all we know he has 1 working CNC machine and he just can’t crank out stuff fast enough. I truly wish Stephen the best of luck but there is no excuse to ignore customer inquiries. If I was told there was a problem and there was a week delay to shipping I probably would have been ok with it. There is no excuse for not getting back to customers

Stephen just sent me an email my order has miraculously been found and he’s ready to ship it look as his condescending reply

It takes as long as it takes…
I said we were working on it, and if it wasn’t about to go out or requiring a longer lead time, I would have told you.

I’m sorry but if you want to refund I’ll have to restock it as it’s already put together and out. Everything is made to order and not stocked.

What he didn’t say on Monday he told me he would update me later that day I heard nothing from him until Thursday evening. In the interim I had called and emailed a few times a day to find out what with my order. I was ignored bu Stephen and his company that’s if anyo else actually works there. He actually makes a nice product my old impact has 3 or 4 of his add ons. This was going to be the first add on on my new m4. I’ll update you with how he handles it. Honestly if he apologized to me I’d probably let it go but the tone of his last email pissed me off.

Stephen just sent me an email my order has miraculously been found and he’s ready to ship it look as his condescending reply

I said we were working on it, and if it wasn’t about to go out or requiring a longer lead time, I would have told you.

I’m sorry but if you want to refund I’ll have to restock it as it’s already put together and out. Everything is made to order and not stocked.

What he didn’t say on Monday he told me he would update me later that day I heard nothing from him until Thursday evening. In the interim I had called and emailed a few times a day to find out what with my order. I was ignored bu Stephen and his company that’s if anyo else actually works there. He actually makes a nice product my old impact has 3 or 4 of his add ons. This was going to be the first add on on my new m4. I’ll update you with how he handles it. Honestly if he apologized to me I’d probably let it go but the tone of his last email pissed me off.
Little late now

I got a similar reply once. They are incompetent at running a smooth business. If you are in a business of making something either do it in a reasonable timely fashion or don’t do it at all. They really should do the latter.

I finally got an apology from them and I told them to ship me the lower rail for my impact. I’m fed up with their attitude towards customers and I’ll be wary of doing any transactions with them in the future. Thankful it’s not an item where I’m too concerned about getting a defective unit . It’s a shame that company could have been a leader in the field as technically they have a superior product but they just don’t know how to run a company.

About to make excuses for them, but it takes a certain skill to run a small business successfully.
Even being a two person operation, there needs to be that only the mechanical and design skills, and of course the manufacturing quality control, but also the ability to raise your head above the immediate tasks and pay attention to customer service.
And I imagine it’s even tougher when you take something you consider an advocation and try to make it a vocation
I wish them success
Just thinking out loud
Edward

8 long days?
For a custom made airgun part?
Wow!
In a New York minute, some people would probably stress out, jump on the internet, flame his buisness, perform a "charge back" with their credit card, take the money back right out of his dirty, hard working hand, kick their dog, inform everyone they know, and probably get their female interim involved too.
Especially over a custom made accessory for a air gun, that was ordered 8 frickin days ago.
I do not know him, but he has probably built his buisness from the ground up,and probably offers high quality parts, at a fair price, thus the incredibly absurd 8 day backlog and delay.
But so what?
He might even be a one-man show, working 60 hours per week, performing all buisness related tasks, everything from the president and CEO, to janitorial and secretary duties.
Who knows?
He might even be eating soup every day, due to customers that took the bold move, and filed a "charge back" on their credit card paymnet after 8 long days, thus him not getting paid at all.
Again, 8 days is absolutely ridiculous for custom made, high quality parts.
Just no excuse.
He could be spending his valuable time, making high quality / in high demand custom parts, for all us airgunners.
But instead of spending time in the machine shop, getting his hands dirty and making parts, he is now probably consumed with sitting in an office, on a telephone instead of a metal lathe, answering e-mails from customers wanting to know where their parts are that they ordered a whopping 8 days ago, checking large stacks of tracking numbers, and spending hours contacting credit card companys, over irrational and upset customers that performed "charge backs", on their credit card payment, after waiting 8 long days.
8 days is absolutely absurd, let alone for a custom made, one of a kind, built by hand, air gun part.
Hats off to you, Brian, as this will teach him, and make the air gun community a much better place.

8 long days?
For a custom made airgun part?
Wow!
In a New York minute, some people would probably stress out, jump on the internet, flame his buisness, perform a "charge back" with their credit card, take the money back right out of his dirty, hard working hand, kick their dog, inform everyone they know, and probably get their female interim involved too.
Especially over a custom made accessory for a air gun, that was ordered 8 frickin days ago.
I do not know him, but he has probably built his buisness from the ground up,and probably offers high quality parts, at a fair price, thus the incredibly absurd 8 day backlog and delay.
But so what?
He might even be a one-man show, working 60 hours per week, performing all buisness related tasks, everything from the president and CEO, to janitorial and secretary duties.
Who knows?
He might even be eating soup every day, due to customers that took the bold move, and filed a "charge back" on their credit card paymnet after 8 long days, thus him not getting paid at all.
Again, 8 days is absolutely ridiculous for custom made, high quality parts.
Just no excuse.
He could be spending his valuable time, making high quality / in high demand custom parts, for all us airgunners.
But instead of spending time in the machine shop, getting his hands dirty and making parts, he is now probably consumed with sitting in an office, on a telephone instead of a metal lathe, answering e-mails from customers wanting to know where their parts are that they ordered a whopping 8 days ago, checking large stacks of tracking numbers, and spending hours contacting credit card companys, over irrational and upset customers that performed "charge backs", on their credit card payment, after waiting 8 long days.
8 days is absolutely absurd, let alone for a custom made, one of a kind, built by hand, air gun part.
Hats off to you, Brian, as this will teach him, and make the air gun community a much better place.
There's been more complaints of their service, misleading responses to order queries, delays, and lack of communication. Many delays and lack of communication that went on way longer than this instance.
I'm all for the small business man making high quality custom components but I'm also for clear and accurate communication and timely service as set at the time of purchase. At the very least they exhibit a pattern of poor communication, to me that's bad business no matter what the quality of the product.
I remember the day was customer service mattered.

Reactions: drsquall