Tuning Kral Puncher Power adjuster

To remove permanently take it out. Drill and tap the hole 5/16"-18tpi and install a stainless cap screw 1" long apply loctite to the threads when installed and then drill the TP to size. 

20201021_220452.1603332443.jpg

You can also Drill the hole to 5/16" and make a new larger adjuster from an 8mm bolt and then drill the transfer port. 

IMG-20200906-WA0000.1603332518.jpeg

That adjustable TP is 13/64" or 0.203" or 5.2mm depending on where you're from... lol That's as large as you can go without having to retap the barrel retaining screw larger.
Hi I have a mega. Just got it.

It will not go over 170ms with 28gr hunter extreme.

I've checked adjuster is at max. I've checked its 3mm.
No noticeable air leaks.
Has euro hammer spring.

Any ideas buddy?

Hi oris
Why replace it/ have you drilled it out already.
I would drill the existing first and see where your at.
Thammers first option of using a threaded bolt and tapping a thread is easier than getting a bolt and removing threads and cutting grooves for the orings and guide pin " it just depends on your skill level.
The retaining pin is in a hole by the scope rail held in by a tiny grub screw and spring ' remove all 3 and transfer port will pull out
If you do decide not to use original tp adjuster go to next size up first not straight to the max incase of an error " then atleast you have some wiggle room

The background to my question is as follows: in Germany, air rifles are only allowed to have a maximum energy of 7.5J.
However, if I want to shoot in the Netherlands, I can replace the original power adjuster with an “export” power adjuster with a larger bore.
The question I have is: how much effort is involved in removing the crippled power adjuster and replacing it with the “export” version?
Is there perhaps a video or a good photo tutorial on the net?

Hi qris
To replace the original adjuster will take about 5 mins max.
As it's only a grub screw a small spring and a small rounded metal insert that holds the actual transfer port adjuster in place.
Once these 3 pieces are removed the adjuster will push out.
The grub screw should be located on the scope rail above the adjuster.
Undo the grub screw " remove spring with a small hook or fine tip tweezers
Turn gun upside down to remove the rounded insert and push the adjuster out.
Push the new adjuster in making sure the small pin on the back is located correctly and the adjuster turns as it should " install the rounded pin and spring and finally the grub screw .
The grub screw also sets the tension on the adjuster' so screw it in bit by bit untill you are able to turn it without to much effort.
You shouldn't really need a video to do it
Regards

I routinely replace the PA on both Kral and Rex guns.
This of course to cater to larger transfers, while keeping some sort of resolution on the power adjuster.

I would vote against "just drilling the hole out". Use a reamer, plenty of fluids and remove chips often. If reamer dia is close enough to the drilled hole that one cuts before it is "self centering" to a large degree, but in all honesty use a GOOD drill press or a mill for the job. REamers these sizes are NOT expensive.

Many of the Kral n Rex guns will take 9,00mm reamed for the power adjuster, but as i have no clue for all the models please check so you won´t "run into water" beforehand (Ie; break into an adjacent hole)

The Reximex Daystar for instance will take 9,00mm absolute max while my Puncher Breaker will take larger still. And so on, and so forth.
In short, use judgement.