Late to the party.....still glad I showed up

Have a several pistols that I love; an Izzy, a 1701P, a Sheridan model E, and a Benji 132. You'll notice 1 similarity among them if you think about it.....essentially recoilless powerplants; no springers. This Saturday we went up to the Pacific Airgun Expo in Placerville CA to have a looksee and found this guy :
IMG_2614.1647829855.jpg

I added the red dot site. This is an HW45; came as a .177 from factory but included .177/ .20 / .22 cal barrels along with a Tasco (Japan) 1.5x pistol scope and a fairly nice handmade wood case that it's setting on in the photo. This morning I ran it over the chrony using the installed .20 barrel shooting JSB 13.73 domes. Chrony avg was 395 fps and spraying them at 10m off a rest with open sites and not much better with the dot site. We're talking about 3" group and this after I felt I had gotten used to the recoil. I then cleaned the .177 barrel (was filthy...) and swapped. Chrony says this setup was throwing JSB 7.33 domes, RWS R10 pistol 7.0, and AA Falcon 7.33s all in the 490-510 fps range. CPHs and JSB 10.34s were in the 400-410 range. The low power setting seems to take about 90-100 fps off the lighter pellet speeds; didn't try with the heavier ammo. Speeds were pretty consistent with both the .177 and the .20 setups; widest ES was 15 fps and that with the CPHs. I'm feeling more comfortable with it and find that it all works better with a slightly looser hold rather than a deathgrip. Groups below were with me seated using a pad/bag to support my wrists holding the pistol with both hands and at 10m distance. 

IMG_2613.1647830785.JPG

I may go back and try the .20 barrel and ammo after a while but pretty happy with what we're doing with the .177 config at the moment. I think this is going to be a handy setup to have around. Now I see what all the hubbub has been about all these years. Gun is definitely a quality piece and plenty solid. Buncha enablers......