HW/Weihrauch Leaving springers cocked.

That's by the other door. There's a 20 ga. by the other other door. The pellet rifles sort of shift around as necessary, and depending on angle of the sun or precipitation.

My HW50 often stays cocked through day, moving from front to back porch on starling patrol. I haven't left it cocked overnight yet but it's inevitable that'll happen at least once.
"Inevitable" it's a good way to put it. We're only human and it's easy to forget something not dangerous like that. Forgetting the 20 ga is loaded is a lot less likely to happen due to the consequences.

"Inevitable" it's a good way to put it. We're only human and it's easy to forget something not dangerous like that. Forgetting the 20 ga is loaded is a lot less likely to happen due to the consequences.
Gun safety is gun safety. Doesn’t matter if it’s a toy, a BB gun, Powder burner. They all get treated the same. Like it’s loaded, like it’s dangerous, don’t point it at anything you arent willing to kill, etc.

Gun safety is gun safety. Doesn’t matter if it’s a toy, a BB gun, Powder burner. They all get treated the same. Like it’s loaded, like it’s dangerous, don’t point it at anything you arent willing to kill, etc.
Im not entertaining this argument again. You do as you please. People are passionate about certain subjects that will never be convinced otherwise. I'm not here to change your mind. Likewise don't try to change mine. Our circumstances may differ widely.

This started out as a very informative post, unfortunately some people have decided it needs to go a different direction, sad.
Thank you J,
Happens every time I mention leaving a BB gun cocked. Even though the safty is on people can't live and let live because they think they know what's best for everbody. The greatest shortcoming of humanity is to think everyone should think like them. Most times its because they assume eveyones situations is similar to theirs. Other times it's because they blindly follow people that have a hidden agenda.
Totally a stupid emotional argument that's easily broken with logic. Logical thoughts don't prevail in today's society.

Last edited:
I went to the city dump . there was a man throwing a winchester 800 out. i ask if i could see it first , he gave it to me said he was cleaning all his kids stuff out , the kid had been gone for 7 years . This gun was not only cocked but loaded with a .177 pellet i aimed at a tree far off and heard the pellet hit . so as far as i knew it had been cocked and loaded for 7 or more years . i sold it

I went to the city dump . there was a man throwing a winchester 800 out. i ask if i could see it first , he gave it to me said he was cleaning all his kids stuff out , the kid had been gone for 7 years . This gun was not only cocked but loaded with a .177 pellet i aimed at a tree far off and heard the pellet hit . so as far as i knew it had been cocked and loaded for 7 or more years . i sold it
What? With out further to do... I my self would pass it on free of charge with some shipping cost. That's the way I roll, just saying. No offense

Keep my HW90 (Piston) cocked and on safe. Ready for tree rats. With the piston, no worry on spring fatigue. No kids around, so no worry on them playing with a loaded air rifle.
I once left a Benjamin Trail NP “at the ready” for a few weeks, and never did get the opportunity for the pesting shot. I decided to take few paper shots with it, and the first try resulted in a muted, dull thud, and the pellet failed to discharge. I figured being an inexpensive model, the seals on the ram had failed and it was toast. However, in the name of science, I tried another firing cycle which then discharged as normal, and it’s been fine ever since. Can’t explain it. I realize the difference in quality level might make for an unfair apples-to-apples comparison, but I no longer trust gas rams any more than traditional springs to behave predictably when compressed for extended periods.