EDgun Leishy 2 wont cycle the mag ?

High all,
As you can see i have a small gap between the mag and the breech both sides i have done the paper trick and it moves freely, i have also swapped the puck again and applied a tad of lube but still no better, the mag moves more freely with the gun open than when closed, if i manually move the mag after firing it refuses to fire again until i open and close the gun even tho i have moved the mag into the next firing position, More help needed :rolleyes:
You've loosened the barrel mounting screws pulled it (the barrel) forward while snugging up? Just to make sure the barrel is as far forward as possible.

Last edited:
What Glem asked. ?

Also, a down and dirty easy check for tight headspace. Place a folded narrow strip of paper below the latch bar (see horrible markup I did). Also, I’m trying to remember where exactly I placed the paper when trying this on a friend’s l2 who had the same issue (it worked). I’m pretty sure I indicated the correct spot, you’ll know when you close the action, it will hold the paper. Make sure the action latches securely, the latch mechanism is tapered to allow for this.

Anyway, just another simple, easy test.

Hang in there.

Dave
68F9D666-FC59-42D4-9CF1-9C2F9A4A3BAF.jpeg

What Glem asked. ?

Also, a down and dirty easy check for tight headspace. Place a folded narrow strip of paper below the latch bar (see horrible markup I did). Also, I’m trying to remember where exactly I placed the paper when trying this on a friend’s l2 who had the same issue (it worked). I’m pretty sure I indicated the correct spot, you’ll know when you close the action, it will hold the paper. Make sure the action latches securely, the latch mechanism is tapered to allow for this.

Anyway, just another simple, easy test.

Hang in there.

DaveView attachment 316676
It’s apart again at the moment again treble checking that all the relevant parts are intact which they are as i have said the L2 is pretty much brand new so frustrating will check what you recommend when i have rebuilt it..

I think i have found the issue on stripping the gun I’m missing the valve pin ball and the dog bone piece,
So where the hell have they gone or where they never installed in the first place?, And i,m pretty competent at mechanical engineering so i 100% haven’t lost or mislead them on taking apart all the work done on a white sheet so I couldn’t loose any of the small parts and I cannot see how they could be blown out of the area they work in. But also how did the magazine cycle when i had the gun new?, As i said i have only used/shot around 200 slugs at most so its all pretty strange..

I think i have found the issue on stripping the gun I’m missing the valve pin ball and the dog bone piece,
So where the hell have they gone or where they never installed in the first place?, And i,m pretty competent at mechanical engineering so i 100% haven’t lost or mislead them on taking apart all the work done on a white sheet so I couldn’t loose any of the small parts and I cannot see how they could be blown out of the area they work in. But also how did the magazine cycle when i had the gun new?, As i said i have only used/shot around 200 slugs at most so its all pretty strange..

You did not state the caliber (I think), the dog collar and bone is in 4.5, 5.0 and 5.5mm only - and as I understand it, its a efficiency thing in the lower calibers only and I can attest it shoot and index just fine without it.

leshiy 2 - new plug.JPG

the valve pin ball may have disintegrated over time, Comtruise had same thing happen to his L2, you can read about in the L2 Mega thread here, He fixed it with a short spring

Edit: found it:

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!

L2 - Comtruise.jpg

Last edited:
You did not state the caliber (I think), the dog collar and bone is in 4.5, 5.0 and 5.5mm only - and as I understand it, its a efficiency thing in the lower calibers only and I can attest it shoot and index just fine without it.

View attachment 316722

the valve pin ball may have disintegrated over time, Comtruise had same thing happen to his L2, you can read about in the L2 Mega thread here, He fixed it with a short spring

Edit: found it:

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!

View attachment 316723
Thanks so much sorry i did forget to mention calibre its a .30 cal, so the dog bone is not needed, im guessing the ball got damaged and then disintegrated seems its the only thing that could happen… will get a couple on order

Watch this and go step by step to find the reason.
Great Video! so i noticed some redesigned parts in this video. What date were these parts updated in the production of L2’s? Im looking at purchasing a used L2 and wonder if they have the updated parts or not. Also, is there a link to purchase all these little wear items?

Great Video! so i noticed some redesigned parts in this video. What date were these parts updated in the production of L2’s? Im looking at purchasing a used L2 and wonder if they have the updated parts or not. Also, is there a link to purchase all these little wear items?
The L2 is constantly updating, no public notice about details.
Most of the parts you can purchase individually, but EdgunWest also made some spare parts-repair kits available on website.