EDgun Leshiy 2 dilemma.

I have a Leshiy classic as a compact gun for urban pesting and stuff. I also have an AGT Uragan 2 for more serious hunting. That said, I have firearms, so Uragan may have been an overkill for my needs. I am wondering if I should sell my Classic Leshiy and Uragan 2 and buy Leshiy 2 to replace both.

Anything I need to know about Leshiy 2? I was looking at REPR-X Long with Behemoth thingy attached. But I also see people rocking different regulators and all that. Is that something necessary or? Am I really upgrading by trading them for Leshiy 2?

I suggest reading up on the Leshiy 2 as much as you can here. Knowledge is your friend. I'm biased and have 3 of them ;). There are a few key elements in the rifle's valve and magazine indexing system that, if malfunctioning, can drive a person mad unless one understands how it functions when working correctly. The trigger on your Uragan is much nicer than any L2. They take a lot of practice to obtain an acceptable degree of hunting accuracy without jerking the $h1t out of it. I use my .22/250mm version for low powered pesting in the 'burbs. It's quiet, light and very easy to tuck away in a pack if needed. My .30 and .35 L2'S are too powerful for town hunting but are fun to plink with when I dig out the heavy backstop. I read a lot of good things about the Classic but have never shot or owned one. I do have a Uragan 2 .25 600mm and have found it to be a simple, solid rifle that is highly regarded around here.

I suggest reading up on the Leshiy 2 as much as you can here. Knowledge is your friend. I'm biased and have 3 of them ;). There are a few key elements in the rifle's valve and magazine indexing system that, if malfunctioning, can drive a person mad unless one understands how it functions when working correctly. The trigger on your Uragan is much nicer than any L2. They take a lot of practice to obtain an acceptable degree of hunting accuracy without jerking the $h1t out of it. I use my .22/250mm version for low powered pesting in the 'burbs. It's quiet, light and very easy to tuck away in a pack if needed. My .30 and .35 L2'S are too powerful for town hunting but are fun to plink with when I dig out the heavy backstop. I read a lot of good things about the Classic but have never shot or owned one. I do have a Uragan 2 .25 600mm and have found it to be a simple, solid rifle that is highly regarded around here.
My Uragan 2 is also .25 but in 700mm, and it's just a tad too long for my taste. Power is amazing, but it's almost as long as my AR despite being a bullpup lol.
My Classic Leshiy is .22 250, and it's the one I take to the desert with me. I guess I'll wait on it a bit and do some research.

Is the valve and magazine indexing not as robust as the rest of the gun?

My Uragan 2 is also .25 but in 700mm, and it's just a tad too long for my taste. Power is amazing, but it's almost as long as my AR despite being a bullpup lol.
My Classic Leshiy is .22 250, and it's the one I take to the desert with me. I guess I'll wait on it a bit and do some research.

Is the valve and magazine indexing not as robust as the rest of the gun?

I don't have an answer to your question, but from reading the forum it looks like most people have no problem with it. But for those that do, it's been a bit of a dilemma to sort out it out. Likely it's the first few through the breech that have most of the problems, as diagnosing those problems is fairly routine now. As a Leshiy 2 owner I've had nothing beyond basic "teething issues". Like, everyone seems to mis-install or under-torque their barrel the first time.

Reactions: muradtexas
I'm a recent Leshiy 2 owner. I have a well specced out FX Impact that I wanted initially for ratting. But with all my mods for longer range shooting it got a bit heavy. Hence the Leshiy 2, as I wanted a very compact and light gun. It does really not disappoint, I like shooting with it. It also looks really cool with the carbon shroud.
I must admit it has been a pita for a few times when something was not working as it should (trigger and regulator). But the good news is, once you open it up and understand how it works you can easily fix the gun. It's very rewarding to be able to take a regulator or valve down to its tiniest parts (search for the little ball ;-) and get it back working perfectly. However, if you don't like tinkering it's maybe not your cup of tea.
The trigger is not very refined. But it does not bother me, it just feels different.

I'm a recent Leshiy 2 owner. I have a well specced out FX Impact that I wanted initially for ratting. But with all my mods for longer range shooting it got a bit heavy. Hence the Leshiy 2, as I wanted a very compact and light gun. It does really not disappoint, I like shooting with it. It also looks really cool with the carbon shroud.
I must admit it has been a pita for a few times when something was not working as it should (trigger and regulator). But the good news is, once you open it up and understand how it works you can easily fix the gun. It's very rewarding to be able to take a regulator or valve down to its tiniest parts (search for the little ball ;-) and get it back working perfectly. However, if you don't like tinkering it's maybe not your cup of tea.
The trigger is not very refined. But it does not bother me, it just feels different.
I am fairly used to tinkering. I resealed a couple of my airguns, Classic Leshiy included. I do like to take my guns out in the brush, so I want something that is not easily disrupted.

I am fairly used to tinkering. I resealed a couple of my airguns, Classic Leshiy included. I do like to take my guns out in the brush, so I want something that is not easily disrupted.
well in that case you'll likely be at ease with the Leshiy 2. Once you know how it works it's quite a simple gun in my opinion. Something I like is that it always shoots exactly the same speed. No slow first shot i.e. after storage. So the valve system works really well.

well in that case you'll likely be at ease with the Leshiy 2. Once you know how it works it's quite a simple gun in my opinion. Something I like is that it always shoots exactly the same speed. No slow first shot i.e. after storage. So the valve system works really well.
I was thinking a combination of .25 and 350mm barrel. I want to get a QD Behemoth, so with it removed, the gun should fold down to 14", according to the website. You think that's a decent combo for general hunting?

of course it depends on what you like to hunt, but that looks like a sweet set-up. I was doubting between the carbon handguard + shorokh, or the Behemoth. I went with the former, but both look great.
for your info, my .22 in 350mm reaches about 60 Joules, so plenty of power for pesting or more. in .25 you'd probably get even more.
Yeah, for me, it's about balance between power and trajectory. If I can get decent power without lobbing 3-pointers at a 100m, I'm set.

Well, a lot of people have at least a bit of regulator creep on these guns. I find if I store the gun at high pressures the first shot after a few weeks of sitting around is a bit hot.

You won't regret it my friend!! Leshiy 2.....40 cal...450mm barrel.

20240701_092047~2.jpg

20240708_193252.jpg

20240708_193152.jpg

I’m a sucker for the Classic. The simplicity and precision is awesome. The L2 Badger, while more complex, operates flawlessly and is also incredible. Hard decision. I would drop the Vulcan and sell something else if possible to have an L1 and L2.

View attachment 491177
They aren’t perfect but they’re great

They aren’t perfect but they’re great
Nothing’s perfect. I haven’t used mine that much so I can’t speak for high cycle use. When I do get to use it, it works great. Accurate as hell. Hard to deny that the engineering involved to bring a pcp like this into existence isn’t impressive given it’s predecessors. Being around product development for 2 decades, from a size, weight, power, modularity, functionality, and aesthetics perspective, it impresses me greatly. I’m sure it was an iterative process, with bumps along the way. Gotta give credit where credit’s due, and get yourself theLeshiy 2. -No affiliation, just cheesy humor.

Nothing’s perfect. I haven’t used mine that much so I can’t speak for high cycle use. When I do get to use it, it works great. Accurate as hell. Hard to deny that the engineering involved to bring a pcp like this into existence isn’t impressive given it’s predecessors. Being around product development for 2 decades, from a size, weight, power, modularity, functionality, and aesthetics perspective, it impresses me greatly. I’m sure it was an iterative process, with bumps along the way. Gotta give credit where credit’s due, and get yourself theLeshiy 2. -No affiliation, just cheesy humor.
I have 4 had 5 every one is impressive :) great writing :)