Let me know about a new design PPK/S air CO2 pistol....

Umarex has stopped making the Walther PPK/S bb pistol and nobody has any in stock. It was the first BB pistol with blowback, and was made by Crosman initially, then Umarex with the help of Walther, which made this an exciting replica air gun design when introduced in 1999. I got mine back in 2002 and kept it working well by ordering parts from Umarex in Fort Smith Arkansas. That pistol really got me into the hobby.

I'm hoping that Umarex will do an updated version with a dropout mag that includes the CO2 cartridge, like the Baretta 84FS and Makarov Ultra. I'm not the only one from the looks other forum posts. The real gun is a classic as it was James Bond's concealed carry pistol from the start of the fictional series, but more importantly, it's the gun that Hitler shot himself with.

If anyone hears about a new design of this pistol in a bb or airsoft in CO2 please let me know via this site- private message.

My last old frame cracked due to overtightening, trying to stop a leak upon installing a new CO2 cartridge. My son was kind enough to give me the first generation one I gave him 9 years ago. He was not that into it so it is like brand new! He had the original CO2 canister STILL in it!! The gas was gone but it worked when I put in a new cartridge- a Umarex via Amazon. I gave it to him with a modified CO2 tightener - the one with the button head Allen bolt, anodized in black. As a final precaution I put 2 drops of BAR'S LEAK -automatic transmission leak sealer on the old, very crushed- (for NINE YEARS) CO2 seal. BAM!! it worked like it was just made. The Bar's Leak stuff, as prescribed by Tom Gaylord, (B.B. Pelitierre) really does WORK.

I maintain that the right sized button head- Allen head driver bolt is the best way to tighten your CO tube on first gen Umarex PPK bb pistols... Right now my 2014 pistol is working like new. BUT I still think Umarex should do a revised 3rd generation of the famous pistol.

Bluemill

I've got an older style PPK/S in pieces somewhere. If you need parts or would like this one, let me know. I'll have to find it again, but if you can use it for parts it's yours.
Hi Rob, I'm in good shape now with the kind gift from my son. I'm hoping a new design will be forthcoming from Umarex/Walther of the PPK! You're kind to offer though. That Bar's Leak stuff does really does work!

Have joined this forum hoping to find assistance with finding a 2nd gen Umarex Walther PPK/S .177 cal BB gun. Am starting a bb hand gun collection (see "about me" in profile if you like) but the PPK is proving to be a hard find.

Am a huge history buff so begin collection with both Springfield armory and Colt versions of the 1911 and will soon adding a luger. They're not hard finds but, Wow, the PPK certainly is.

They are available from European vendors, am in process of finding out if they can deliver here to the U.S. Does anyone know?

Grew up in the era of James Bond, Cpt James T Kirk and Jim Phelps ( the original leader of the Impossible Mission force, still can't believe they made him the traitor in the 1st MI move, loved the rest of the MI movies but won't watch that one) and my name is James, so you can imagine who I often was playing games as a kid and why I want a PPK.

Also would like a Colt Hammerless 1903/1908, seen in the old MI TV series, but doesn't appear a replica BB or pellet gun is made. Anyone know if one is?

Thanks everyone

Rob in NC your kindness is the reason I enjoy participating on the websites. I also have a PPK that could go to another airgun member because I have never shoot it.

In my experience the the United Kingdom website Airgunbbs has the most serious airgun collectors. The author of the "Encyclopedia of Spring Air pistol" John Giffth posts pictures of rare airguns on that website. Another regular participant is Matt aka "Youtuber PTdunk - 100 years of air pistol series". There are a few other accomplished collectors who regularly author articles for the Airgun Collector magazine posting on that website
We all start off as shooters. Collecting Air Pistols is my hobby so I am always looking for the highest level.

Always looking for the highest level interaction between members. So nice to see people helping each other out.

Yes indeed. Thought the one I saw on ebay had sold when I went back to make the purchase and couldn't find again, but a member in another string said he still saw it there. Searched again and there it was, still can't figure out why since I used same exact search criteria each time but not complaining. Wouldn't have tried again if he didn't reach out, so am really appreciative.

Ebay price was a bit high but getting one from UK was looking like would turn out to be more. Oh well, guess that what you get when you combine wanting what you want with the rules of supply and demand, or lack of supply in this case.

Thanks for your input, I'm an information junkie so will be looking at that website for what backround I can get.

Hi James, When you get your PPK/S please read this prior to putting in a tube of CO2.

Trust me, I have had too much experience having catastrophic leaks doing this. First get some RWS air chamber lube and put a drop on top of the business end of the cartridge. Holding the gun upright, and with the puncture screw all the way out, put it in making sure it goes in straight up as you gradually feed it into where it just makes contact to the air valve collar. Then snap the left grip cover in place and assure that the grip is tight and flush to the frame of the gun. Next, turn the pistol over with the handle facing up. With your left hand hold the grip in place very, very firmly, especially as the screw starts to puncture the metal seal at the end of the capsule. It will have a tendency to push the tube out at the bottom and force the grip out and away from the frame. If you hold the grip very hard at that critical time it guides the tube in just right, the correct alignment, but at the same time it allows enough freedom for the seal and neck of the cartridge to make a good seal. Also, you must do this quickly, especially when you hear the gas escaping, as otherwise the seal will freeze and it becomes a lot tougher to get it done. Crosman cartridges don't do well in this gun, because they tend to bind up at the neck and in the grip cavity. Umarex or Gamo work better for the old PPK! Crosman is fine for virtually all other pistols I've owned, just not the PPK.

Good luck and I hope you have bought a good one!

Yours,

Bluemill

IMG_1457.JPG

This pistol was the first blow back CO2 bb pistol, so it was very innovative. Being made with Walther added a lot of authenticity. The sealing issues have been a nagging flaw which I think may have led to it being discontinued.
The bb pistol is much thicker both in the slide and grip vs. the real pistol. The profile of the pistol is very good though, and the weight is similar. There is a springer/airsoft that costs about $35 that is almost all plastic, and is a poor accuracy shooter, but it's dimensions are virtually perfect to the real thing. I held it up to my friend's stainless .380 and it's identical in all respects in shape and size except the beaver tail is smaller.
I found the attached picture a month back on a Reddit site, but haven't been able to find it since! Is Umarex close to the new one and they put this out there to tease us?

Screenshot (662).png