Beeman Let's See Those Beeman Lasers. (I know they're out there!)

Love these guns. They were all the rage when I visited the Beeman showroom in Santa Rosa in the late 80's.
All 3 of these are .20 cal.

IMG_9532.JPG

IMG_9535.JPG

Last edited:
Huh
Where did they all go. Someone has one.

They aren’t that rare.
Laserized guns with beech stocks do consistently pop up, but the laminated laser guns are very hard to find. After much research, only a dozen MK1s have been recorded. Considering that the MK1 was available in the Beeman catalogs for eight or nine years, you would think that more would surface. Combined, there have been even fewer of the MK2 and 3 models noted. Most likely, the 1990 $800 MK1 price tag proved to be a barrier for most. By 1996 the price had increased to $995. That's over $2000 in todays economy.

Congrats to Lewis and anyone else who has gathered all three.

According to Beeman, the factory R1 Laser spring guns had the following done to them.
1. Air port is chamfered for better air flow.
2. Compression chamber and trigger mechanism are honed and polished.
3. Custom trigger sear spring is installed.
4. Electroless nickel plated piston, mainspring and front and rear spring guides are hand-fitted.
5. Piston seal is made from a special blue polymer impregnated with Teflon particles.
6. Cocking plate is modified for smoother action.
7. Rebuilt using custom Laser lubes.

With plans to market the following as well, Beeman also "Laser" tested the FWB Model 124, the R10, and even the P1. Nevertheless, the Laserization did not demonstrate any appreciable velocity increases. Even though they were promoted for a short time, to the best of my knowledge, those three models were never officially offered with Laserization.

Reactions: JimBentley
Awesome Sonny!
You have had yours much longer than I have. There is no way I can one-up you. Just a few fun mini collections. You have more R-1's alone than I have guns total! I love seeing your guns. So many beautiful examples and great history too!
I have ever r-1 variation made, but I think you have more guns than that. I know I have a Mike A. masterpiece I've never posted. I'll definitely post when I dig it up.

I think they used anti-seize for the lube.
I bought the “laser kit” back in the early nineties. Along with the optional nickel plated piston. The mainspring is actually a very high quality looking spring which is also nickel plated. The spring guide was supposedly milled from a “solid block of fine steel”. This too is a high quality looking part. The piston seal is a blue “Teflon impregnated polymer”. And it also seems to work well if sized correctly. So the end result is the gun is easier to cock and I believe a few ft/lbs more power than the standard one.

Now the bad news. The spring guide fit was not good. So it shoots with a pronounced buzz. Similar to an untuned gun. The “laser lube” is copper anti seize that, in my opinion, has no business being inside a spring airgun.

I recently modified the spring guide to fit the spring better and put in proper lubes (moly on side of seal, light coating of tar on the spring).

And now is actually a very fun gun to shoot. High power, relatively easy to cock, and smooth shooting (for it’s power)

Will leave it like this for a while as the spring is holding up well.

1725316061752.jpeg

Last edited: