Let's Talk PARD

20230117_153752.jpg

Hey guys. I got ahold of a PARD NV008S (LRF). This $749-$1100 NV scope is way better than anything I have ever seen. It's all metal, compact, and easy to use (intuitive). Also, they have "Layaway" so you can pay $100 at a time until it's paid off. ....at PARD dot com.

This is supposed to be 1920X1080 resolution for recording...but it seems a little "grainy". Is that just how these are, or did I miss a setting?

It looks phenominal in night mode...so clear!...but it's more clear in real life than in the video. It's supposed to be about 720p in the scope and 1080p on the recording. But it seems almost the opposite on mine.

Is 1920X1080 not 1080"p" maybe that's my mistake.

pard1.JPG

pard2.JPG

20230117_153747.jpg

20230117_153527.jpg

P.S. Do I measure from the top of the barrel to the middle of the front lense to get my scope height? ..or the middle of the barrel?

I do need to figure that out too, before I can program my BC computer.

pard77.JPG

20230117_163314.jpg

10 minues later: It's from the centerline of the bore to the centerline of the scope.

Last edited:
I just bought the NV007S. I find the screen isn't as clear as the scope itself which throws me a bit as I love the crisp glass of my scope.
The video though is much clearer than my view. I mainly bought it for the night vision/recording though. The night vision is great.
Shooting three racoons out of the same tree one night in a 10 minute span with just a red light mounted to the rifle made me want to up my game with IR and a camera. I have 20+ subscribers to entertain on Youtube.....lol

Good little NV scope. I'd love to see some sort of protective covers included to enclose the eyecup and LRF (lens) to protect from dirt, dust and moisture, a sunshade, a short and long eyecup would be nice, and the option to mount the LRF on the right or left side for the scope. More detailed instructions would also be a plus, especially concerning zeroing. I went looking for info on the various batteries that can be used (max capacity, discharge voltage, etc) and found zilch. The instruction manual is pretty vague in general. What say you @PARD_Tech? Do you think any of these options may be feasible in the future?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Are you happy with field of view at base magnification? My 4x sightmark wraith is really hard to use under 50 yards... At 100 and farther nice.... I need a 2x base magnification for hunting...
@Reedmosser So far so good. However, I would also like a magnification range from 6x-13x as opposed to either or (e.g. 6x, 8x, 10x,1 3x)

Reactions: Csbrown5
That rangefinder and ballistic combo is sweet!!!!! I wonder if it work on a crossbow? Probably if it works on the UK sub 12 ft pound .177...

@Reedmosser The LRF feature is why I bought it. I haven't event gotten into the ballistic calculator feature yet. I'm so used to holds, I've DOPEd the damn thing on two different profiles. For airgun hunting at night, it's too much to figure out in the moment to hunt without it when you don't have to. The LRF feature sold it for me after watching @Max115 use his effectively for months. I talked about buying the unot a year before I bit the bullet.

My next night vision will also have built in rangefinder...I dial my cold shot base for elevation... Its hard for me to hold 3.5 mils at 100 yards on 4 x at night in the recticle. I saw AGM just came out with 2x digital night vision and a built in rangefinder will be available.. No software for automatic ballistic holdover yet. 3 year warranty.. Pretty small.. I'm going to try to get some videos uploaded from my wraith night hunts.. Been 3 years finally a few decent videos.. Do you have bigger IR light yet?

@Reedmosser The external IR light is on the way. I don't know if it will be larger, I just want to conserve my battery life for shooting and recording. It will hang off the gun (or Pard pic rail) so I don't want anything heavy or bulky, although I did look at a Wicked Lights IR torch....@Max115 uses two with his Pard. I'm going to start with one and see how it goes. I'm not shooting and scanning past 100 yards right now.

Good little NV scope. I'd love to see some sort of protective covers included to enclose the eyecup and LRF (lens) to protect from dirt, dust and moisture, a sunshade, a short and long eyecup would be nice, and the option to mount the LRF on the right or left side for the scope. More detailed instructions would also be a plus, especially concerning zeroing. I went looking for info on the various batteries that can be used (max capacity, discharge voltage, etc) and found zilch. The instruction manual is pretty vague in general. What say you @PARD_Tech? Do you think any of these options may be feasible in the future?
The LRF that can change the left and right positions is currently difficult to achieve, and can only change the appearance.
Lens caps and long and short eyecups are easy to implement, settings from Airgun Channel's zeroing and detailed introduction of NV008S
Battery capacity: 3.7v 3200mAH 18650
There are more detailed manuals on DS35 and new products on the market. For the basic operation of some new products on the market, you can view related videos on PARD official YouTube
Finally, thank you for your valuable comments, remind us to do better every time

The LRF that can change the left and right positions is currently difficult to achieve, and can only change the appearance.
Lens caps and long and short eyecups are easy to implement, settings from Airgun Channel's zeroing and detailed introduction of NV008S
Battery capacity: 3.7v 3200mAH 18650
There are more detailed manuals on DS35 and new products on the market. For the basic operation of some new products on the market, you can view related videos on PARD official YouTube
Finally, thank you for your valuable comments, remind us to do better every time
Any plans for PARD to produce a unit that has the rangefinder feature without NV? I'm asking for those of us who live in states that generally do not allow use of NV hunting equipment. I was totally sold until someone mentioned that restriction in my State.. Something to consider.