Life size animal targets..

Well,.... on a far smaller scale, and, more gym sock than animal,....

I set up a night time target backstop for my Rat plinking effort. It is lit by an LED that I use in red mode. And, add to that, I've recently had both eyes reworked for cataracts.
I had plenty of Rats showing up, and I thought that I was missing them (probably hitting them, but blowing through them). This was making me a bit crazy. So, I set up a faux Rat.
A faux Rat?
I took an athletic tube sock, and, started rolling it up at the toe end. I rolled it up until I was at the elastic collar. I used the elastic to enclose the rest of the rolled sock, to create a sock sausage. This sock sausage is the diameter and length of a rat, at least its vitals region.
DSCN0796.jpeg
DSCN0797.jpeg
DSCN0798.jpeg
DSCN0799.jpeg

In this bottom image, you can see where the sock has captured a shot pellet.
The pellets from my Crosman 2289 do not penetrate the sock, all the way through. Rather, it catches them and holds them. It is also a far quieter backstop than the wooden fence boards.
This also really well defined "same hole" shooting.
Because the sock captures and holds the pellets, I was able to same hole the target, literally same holing. I know that because one pellet hit directly into the backside of an earlier pellet, and, the two forged themselves into one long pellet.
At any rate,... this strange contraption really helped me in figuring out the shadows and weirdness caused by my nighttime red LED lighting, and those shadows.