🔴LIGHT Scopes! – Scope Specs Table

🔴LIGHT Scopes! – Over 100 in a Scope Specs Table 🔴

So, in another thread many were complaining how heavy their gun was. Or how nicely light it was after taking off most of the accessories that we have a penchant for piling them on.... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sometimes the scope gets blamed for a heavy gun. Scopes surely can make the gun heavy. However, when you considered your gun purchase, did a weight difference of 5oz (150g) make a difference in your selection? Probably not. –
– Well, then it seems that after you didn't care much about 5oz when purchasing the gun, it shouldn't all of a sudden become such a huge issue when considering a scope for the gun. (And taking 5oz away from a gun design won't take much away from a gun, but take 5oz away from a scope, and you loose a whole range of features and benefits....)

In any case:
In trying to help all of us to select LIGHT scopes for our guns, I assembled a Scope Specs Table for LIGHT scopes.
"Light" depends very much on top end magnification, as it wouldn't be very fair to compare a 3-9x32 to a 6-24x50 scope.
So, the Scope Table is divided into 3 magnification sections. Each has their weight cut-off, as follows:

Section 1: 3-12x | 3-9x
Weight: 22.1oz = 625g or less
Section 2: 4-20x | 4-16x | 4-14x | 3-18x | 3-15x | 3-16x | 2-16x
Weight: 25.6oz = 726g or less
Section 3: 6-24x | 5-20x | and all over 20x top end magnification, with at least 6x or less on the bottom: 4-24x | 5-30x
Weight: 28.6oz = 811g or less

If these weight cut-offs are still too heavy for you, no prob. You can just quickly scan down the table column of the weight in order to find the scopes that conform to your weight cut-off.

And then you can compare all the relevant specs with other scopes you're interested in:
• Price and warranty type
• Length
• FoV
• Reticle type
• FFP or SFP
• Mil or Moa
• Tube size
• Max. elevation adjustment
• Illumination or not
• etc. etc. etc.

Cheers, and happy scope shopping!! 🤩

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
SCOPE Specs Table. For LIGHT Scopes

View attachment SCOPE Specs Table. For LIGHT Scopes.pdf

Just a thought but the minimum focus would be handy column. All my scopes focus to 10 yards. Thanks for sharing. Don

YES, Don! 😊

🔸I consider the minimum focus or parallax that important that ALL scopes in the Scope Specs Table have 10 yard min. parallax..... (The few exceptions where it is 15y are clearly noted.)

Further:
🔸ALL scopes in the Table have exposed turrets (exceptions are noted). When a scope manufacturer puts a cap on a turret — I take it to usually mean:
"Set it. Cap it. And forget it. Don't monkey with this turret for every shot — it's not built for that."

And:
🔸ALL scopes in the Table have a holdoff reticle — meaning that the reticle has holdoff (holdover) markings, and these are evenly spaced (not unevenly as in BDC reticles).

👍🏼 Matthias

Great work mate, really in depth, almost too much so! Lol.

-Matt

OCD takes different shapes and forms....! 😆

This one is called OCSD — Obsessive Compulsive Scope Disorder.

There is no known cure.
Just a deep rabbit hole all of its own....

I could still see the light above me last year. Not anymore. 😱
I have twice as many scopes as guns.

Matthias

OCD takes different shapes and forms....! 😆

This one is called OCSD — Obsessive Compulsive Scope Disorder.

There is no known cure.
Just a deep rabbit hole all of its own....

I could still see the light above me last year. Not anymore. 😱
I have twice as many scopes as guns.

Matthias
I have more scopes than guns and didn't realize what my disorder was called till now! :ROFLMAO:

Nice work! No March scopes?

Don't you get me started!!
I need to draw the $-line somewhere!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matthias

PS: Yeah, but I've looked at them several times already...., just give it time as I fall deeper into the hole. We have now September 12, and before you know it we have March. 👍🏼

Reactions: Peskådot671
Don't you get me started!!
I need to draw the $-line somewhere!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Matthias

PS: Yeah, but I've looked at them several times already...., just give it time as I fall deeper into the hole. We have now September 12, and before you know it we have March. 👍🏼
Just wondering since you listed Nightforce in the specs table. :LOL:
I know most March scopes start around $2500 and up but on the used market, they can go for a lot less. Some members here have deep pockets lol. Keep up the good work. That's a lot of research and effort put in to make that list.

Reactions: JungleShooter