Lightweight .22 Carbine Options

I have three P35s which are similar to the bullshark as has been noted. In the U. S. the only way I know of to get one is to order it from Krale. Fortunately they are pretty good to order from. My 177 was giving me about 100 shots per 250 bar fill before I turned it down some from the 19 fpe it arrived with. Not sure where it is now. My P35-22 is the most accurate and arrived at about 32fpe and 60 shots per 250 bar fill. There is no gauge on the regulator on these guns but the regulator seems to be set at about 135 bar. The bar/shot is linear so you could get the shot count at this power level at a lower fill pressure from calculations. If you drop the fpe it will obviously go up. You are talking about a power lower than my 177 so you are going to get over 100 shots.

The regulator is adjustable but you have to open the airtube after evacuating the air. There is a screw to evaluate the airtube. You get a tool to take the airgauge and the large nut off the muzzle end of the airtube with the gun. I would change the O ring in that nut and the much smaller one that is the one way valve the first time you open it. I didn't and it leaked. But with new presumably better made O-rings I have opened my 177 four times now without changing the O-rings. To change the regulator you need a 12mm socket on the end of a long extension to loosen the lock nut then you turn a sloted screw head clockwise for less power. You are talking about radically less power, I might turn it as much as half a turn. Then put it back together and air it up and see where you are. After you do this a time or two you should be able to change the regulator setting in under 15 minutes. It is not hard. You will need to change the hammer spring setting to match even the regulator setting it comes with (none of mine were well adjusted as received). That is external, all you need is a 4mm allen wrench. You might need to shorten the hammer spring to get it to align with a regulator set as low as required to get it under 20 fpe in a 22. If you take the adjustment nut for the hammer spring off the hammer spring will come out. The action will have to be out of the gun (it can stay in for regulator changes).

I use printed moderators in the shroud of all three of my P35s. I think the bullshark has advantages over the P35 but space in the shroud is not one of them. The bullshark barrel is 40mm longer and that is all in the shroud. So you have 40mm less space for a moderator. My printed moderators (designed by "subscriber") are all about 120mm long and require sliding the shroud forward about an inch to fit into the shroud. On a bullshark they should work but the shroud would need shifted an extra 40mm. But the bullshark has a nut on the muzzle end of the shroud for an external moderator.

The picture is my P35-25 tuned to almost 50 fpe in it's home made stock. It gets about 40 shots per fill with this tune.

Retuned P35-25 in new stock.jpg

Reactions: Nattboy
The OP also mentioned target shooting at 30 yards. My P35-22's top 30 yard challenge target is a 200/15X. My P35-177's best is a 194, I think. My P35-25s best is a 192. I retuned the 25 to raise it's power and it's accuracy improved a lot. I'm messing with the tune of the 177 to see if I can improve it at the moment. I haven't shot the 25 much after the retune, I am supposed to have a new barrel on the way. The 192 is out of only a few targets since the retune, I'm sure it will do better. They are accurate guns. The 10 ring on the target we use is about 1/8th of an inch in diameter. The X-"ring" is a dot.

Reactions: Nattboy