Listing things in classifieds for non AGN members

Of recent i inquired about a .25 Deltawolf via PM and requested the seller text me since i work a lot.
I did not get a response to the PM but i did get a text.

The responder in his text, tells me his buddy (an AGN member) listed the gun for him on AGN.

I immediately got the wiggles.

Even though i think it's totally legit, (???) I'm not thinking it's right to list other peoples stuff on our AGN classifieds when the deal is actually happening with a NON AGN member. Afterall i have no background to check out the seller.

What do ya'll think?

Well, if you join this forum you have to accept and follow the rules. Doing a third party listing is not following the principles of the rules. If you have a friend that you want to help out then you should be the only one that has contact with the buyer, and your name is on the line for responsibilitit’s.

You didnt even message me back.lol
This is my Delta Wolf, though.🤔
@Scotay42 = no not you.... different listing. I think your add indicated trades were a possibility as well; few .25's came up at the same time. But then a beautiful Motorhead tuned Thomas showed up.;)

i hate it when work gets in the way of my hobbies. :cautious:

Last edited:
@Scotay42 = no not you.... different listing. a few .25's came up at the same time. I think your add indicated trades were a possibility as well. i hate it when work gets in the way of my hobbies. :cautious:
I know which one you are talking about. I called that guy. He said something about his friend made the listing and he would call back. Noone called back and listing was renewed not long ago. I did not try any more than that, after that response.

Well, if you join this forum you have to accept and follow the rules. Doing a third party listing is not following the principles of the rules. If you have a friend that you want to help out then you should be the only one that has contact with the buyer, and your name is on the line for responsibilitit’s.
I concur.

I listed equipment a couple years back for someone else. It was the daughter of a member who passed away & had no clue what to do with or about all his equipment. Sh-t happens & he WAS a forum member. I wanted to help. I think these types of situations it's OK to help out but to act as a middle man JUST BECAUSE someone wants to skirt the rules isn't right.

Last edited:
I listed equipment a couple years back for someone else. It was the daughter of a member who passed away & had no clue what to do with or about all his equipment. Sh-t happens & he WAS a forum member. I wanted to help. I think these types of situations it's OK to help out but to act as a middle man JUST BECAUSE someone wants to skirt the rules isn't right.
that makes absolute sense... and i hope someone would do that for me. But, i hope they would disclose upfront in the add that they are selling for someone else and provide those details... in this era of computer generated scams i need all the warm fuzzy i can get.

The death of someone who was a member here is a rather unlikely situation I would think. All I will say is this: I avoid two selling scenarios. The first is when someone says selling my gun, I don't know much about it because my grandson uses it, but it has no issues. This is a way for a seller to claim ignorance of known issues. The second scenario I will not get involved in is someone here buying or selling for someone who is not a member here. In my case, it was a member buying from me for his BIL. It dd not go well, and I was getting texts from the member and his BIL to the point I did not know who I was even dealing with. A long story, but I got caught between 3 devils, the member, the BIL, and UPS. Never again. I only deal with established members who have a near flawless rating.

When I was heavily into archery that was against the archery talk forum rules. You had to be the owner of items you listed in the classifieds. It is kind of a weird situation. I wouldn’t want to do it for someone. If something goes bad then that would reflect bad on me.
Yeah that was a big no no on archery talk. personally it’s kind of a red flag for me. There are to many scammers out there.

that makes absolute sense... and i hope someone would do that for me. But, i hope they would disclose upfront in the add that they are selling for someone else and provide those details... in this era of computer generated scams i need all the warm fuzzy i can get.
Send me ALL your stuff now & let me know when you pass on. Stay ahead of the game :unsure: 🤪 ;)

Pretty sure the "selling for a friend" ads are typically handled by the member themselves. I see no reason for them not to be and would steer clear of those that are not.
Actually, that's a very valid point and I totally agree. If someone asked me to sell his gun and I agreed, I would be responsible for listing it, handling the whole transaction from start to end, and delivering the goods as promised. Listing something and then washing your hands of it by sending the interested party to deal with someone else sounds completely wrong. Steer clear.

Remember the artist lady whose father passed away and left many nice almost new air rifles last year? Anyhow she asked what to and many members helped her through the process. She followed the rules and many members bought those nice air rifles including me. Just follow the rules ,simple concept or just act like the air rifle is yours and take all the responsibility in selling it Oh uladz already said better .(y)

A few years ago I was asked if I would help sell a couple of safes full of airguns from an extremely well know airgunner who had never posted on any forum (do not believe he even had a computer). I said sure and even though everyone functioned perfectly he added "naturally you should fire any of them you've never seen" Oh YES! And naturally all the "new in box" (as in never touched by anyone, I left those as is totally "new" and untouched in the box as the tern should be used.
So three car loads later I had everyone at my house. Took pictures at my house, listed them as mine and I was 100% responsible for everything. Selling, shipping, insurance, and all with a 3 day inspection.
I not he, was fully responsible and every single buyer was happy. Were they not or if lost in shipping/other I was responsible. If the house burned I was responsible. If I had a heart attack the misses would cover any in progress deal. As it should be.
IF selling for others this is how it should be. Period.

John

In general, I've had more not-so-good experiences selling things for friends than good experiences. It means a middleman is involved and messages can get distorted, even sometimes change. Usually since it's a friend, the person doesn't even get paid for the hassle. One time, I thought it would be fun selling a nice sportscar for a friend, but it was way too much effort. For the most part, I'd avoid the selling-for-a-friend situations.