Listing things in classifieds for non AGN members

I thought the whole idea of following the rules here on the classifieds was supposed to make it SAFE because we are dealing with other members who could be verified. The main idea for joining AN is supposed to be to learn about and share ideas about airguns not a place to join, dump airguns for sale then never post again. Some of these guys even admit it and some people on here are fine with it because they are just looking for a deal themselves and never post themselves. They even help them break the rules by helping them before they complete the minimal requirements to post or buy on the classifieds then openly admit it on here. I think anyone aiding a member or nonmember break the rules for the classifieds should lose their privleges for the classifieds. If someone is just looking to dump a collection or a couple of airguns they inherited then use ebay. We also have several people who come on here just to to get good deals on airguns then dump them on ebay for a profit. I don't think that was the original intention for the classifieds.

I've seen a few ads like that around here and elsewhere. If I were to sell someone else's equipment, I'd just buy it from them and then resell. That makes it a one on one transaction with no third party involved. Third party has been satisfied prior listing the item and is no longer a complication. But, hey! That's just me.

Reactions: ba49