Long Gong Challenge...........

I need to say this right away ...... I stole this from the Long Gong group over on Facebook. I liked the idea of the contest and thought it would be a fun thing to do with airguns as well. Especially since we have moved towards slugs and people seem to need more of a challenge.

Long Gong-
THE GAME-This is a 300yd shooting challenge using rifles chambered in 22lr only. The object is to shoot the highest score possible.
THE TARGET- The targets are AR500 3/16” thick rimfire gongs, an 8”, a 6”, and a 4” gong. Each gong has a value, 1 point for the 8”, 2 points for the 6”, and 3 points for the 4” gong.
THE SETUP- From a bench rest (limited to bipods and bags, no sleds) each shooter, with 10 rounds of ammunition begins by shooting for the 8” gong. The shooter has a 3 minute time limit to complete their round, the clock starts with their first shot.
THE ORDER- If the shooter hits the 8”, they score 1 point and now can choose to advance to the 6” gong or continue shooting for the 8” gong. If the shooter advances to the 6” gong and connects, that hit is worth 2 points, and they now can choose to shoot for the 4” gong.
EXAMPLE-(Dave shoots and hits the 8” gong, scoring 1 point. Dave says he’s going to shoot for the 6”, he hits it scoring 2 more points. Dave says he’s going for the 4” gong, shoots and misses scoring a zero, and now must move back to the 6” gong. If Dave misses his shot on the 6”, he will score another zero and be forced to move back to the 8” gong. If Dave hits the 6” he’ll score 2 points and again have the opportunity to shoot at the 4” gong.)
THE RULES-The shooter must tell the scorekeeper when they switch gongs. A hit only counts if it’s a solid gong hit, chain hits do not count. If the shooter misses, they must go back one gong. If the shooter shoots the wrong gong, it counts as a zero and the shooter must resume shooting on the correct gong.
THE SCORE- The score is totaled after each shooter, with a possible high score of 27 points (1+2+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3=27). A complete game has every shooter fire 5 complete sets for a total of 50 rounds of ammunition (1 full box). The highest possible score for a competition is 135 points. In case of a tie score, the winner is determined by the shooter with the highest single round score.
THE COMPETITORS- The order of the shooters in the first set is determined by drawing numbered chips, and in each successive set the order of the shooters is determined by the scores, with the lowest score shooting first. If two or more shooters have identical scores, whoever shot the score initially will shoot first in the following round. (If Tom shoots an 11, and then Dave also shoots an 11, Tom will go before Dave in the following round.)
THE CHALLENGE- Hiting gongs at 300yds with a 22lr is challenging. Hitting them repeatedly under changing conditions requires all the fundamentals used by the best long distance shooters in the world. Do you think you have what it takes?
WELCOME TO LONG GONG!!
So simple, yet infinitely challenging.

Again I want to give credit to the guys on the Facebook Page "Long Gong" for the details.