Looking for a burst disc

TactAir PCP DIN Valve - my big tank is leaking from the burst disk. Anyone have the dims for the replacement disks?

1721438331100.png

I filled it full to 4500 psi in the a.m. and the excessive heat of the afternoon garage caused enough pressure delta to cause the disc to give up. I will fill to no more than 4000 psi in the future.

You can try Captain O-Ring, they have several burst discs with various pressures. They come in sets of 2 usually.

Mike

TactAir PCP DIN Valve - my big tank is leaking from the burst disk. Anyone have the dims for the replacement disks?

View attachment 481152
I filled it full to 4500 psi in the a.m. and the excessive heat of the afternoon garage caused enough pressure delta to cause the disc to give up. I will fill to no more than 4000 psi in the future.
@JimNM Which tank brand (and size) did your valve come off of? Is it the same valve that came with the tank?
Thanks for the advice. Sadly there are no markings on the disk. I see roughly 8.5mm diameter by .45mm thick.

I will continue to look around. Thanks again.

I’m not sure of the size you’ll need, but in my Air Venturi Jubilee valve it appears that my burst disc is rated for 6750 psi. This is on a 90cuft, 4500 psi, carbon-fiber SCBA tank.

IMG_5265.jpeg

At first glance this burst disk appears to be smaller than the burst disk in my Evol.

Edit: It appears yours may be a 7.5k burst disk. Different valve pictured below, but for a tank with the same working pressure rating. @kayaker 's advice is sound.
Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 8.23.31 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JimNM

View attachment 481152
HEY Jim NM -- I have had the same problem --- welcome to Las Cruces in the summer....lol I finally gave up on tanks and now just fill off compressor. Any rate - a fella that's also in LCNM suggested I get a hold of you .... I have a PCP range and a few rifles for sale ....maybe we the three can get together - I 'm off 70 towards Organ... Be great to meet fellow shooters so close!

Awesome to find another Airgunner in Las Cruces :D

FWIW, if you put an @ in front of a user name, they will get a notification. Like this... @Diegocatnm

I would be more than happy to drive to your range or host you at the Butterfield where I normally shoot Rimfire and practice bench rest. I have a small permission off of Valley DR where I chase ground squirrels, too. The next couple of weeks are dedicated to an annual trip to Raton, NM. September will be open to some air gun shenanigans. I will PM you my contact information.

Until we meet again...
Shoot'em good, amigo

awesome thank you --- YES - butterfield rocks for the long guns... I sometimes like to just plunk in the " back yard" ....aprox 35 meters targets... haybails with nothing but desert behind them...... when I get bored!! LOL

I am so happy to meet both of you guys in LCNM ...... To be honest, I only joined up to sell off two Benjamins I have -- love them both!! But I bought a hatsan .30 blitz.........and it's like ......loved ya, but you gotta go !!!! I hope to sell both and some ammo for enough to buy a .25 blitz.....

That all said--- WOW! I am not the only person in messila valley that likes PCP...

**** classified ad removed-- this rifle will hit a fly ......I am old army.....I have shot a few decent weapons in my time....this is the most enjoyable rifle to have in your backyard ever!! Welcome to shoot it...

Also -- ******** also a great rifle --- not nearly as accurate or "pretty".... but it kills coyotes......that was the logic on buying it ...and was correct .....

Here's the thing: I recently bought a 762/.30 Hatsan semi/full auto .....called a blitz.....it has completely replaced any PCP I have in the rack.....

I want to sell what I have to get it's little brother - the .25 blitz

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be glad to look at them. The forum has some pretty tight regulations for buying and selling. They want you to have 10 posts and 10 days in attendance to gain access to the classified section. Trades and sales are only allowed in the classifieds... You may get notice of an edit or removal of your last post. No worries, I have read it already 😉

Thank you for your Service. I will be in touch soon.