Looking for a friend, good close range pistol

Mr. Campbell,,, if I had rodents in my attic, I would trap them,,, peanut butter is an excellent bait, from mice to sQuirrels, I use a piece of string in the mouse traps to hold the flavored bait, it makes the traps release better as they tug on the string,,,☠️
but I would enjoy the pistol approach, if not in my attic.
My friend is a professional rodent control dude. He normally just sprays them with warm water and vacuums them up, literally.

Reactions: jarmstrong
This may be an option a Crosman 2240, CO2 bolt action repeater, with a set of Sheridan type scope mounts, with a red dot like I have on this H9A. I'm not sure about fitment yet, but I plan on trying it myself.

View attachment 363235
I've been looking for the scope mounts for my Daisy 717, the rear sights suck and I don't have a machine shop available anymore or I'd carve up something.

Reactions: .20calguy
I've been looking for the scope mounts for my Daisy 717, the rear sights suck and I don't have a machine shop available anymore or I'd carve up something.
I couldn't believe this little gun made it past me all these years, as I have been shooting air pistols since the early eighties. I never even knew about them until October 2022.
Since then I heard that that gun was issued in three different models the 717, 747, and 777.
Mine is a 747, with a match trigger, and Walther barrel, but it has plastic sights. The 777 would have the Walther barrel, machined rather than cast parts, wood grips, and ">steel sights<".
So I would like to find a set of those for my 747, or find out what people are using. These plastic sights aren't real stable.

I couldn't believe this little gun made it past me all these years, as I have been shooting air pistols since the early eighties. I never even knew about them until October 2022.
Since then I heard that that gun was issued in three different models the 717, 747, and 777.
Mine is a 747, with a match trigger, and Walther barrel, but it has plastic sights. The 777 would have the Walther barrel, machined rather than cast parts, wood grips, and ">steel sights<".
So I would like to find a set of those for my 747, or find out what people are using. These plastic sights aren't real stable.
Mine is the same model that somebody who could really shoot, modified the trigger and sights a little and won a bunch of CA state championships with it. I modified the trigger and it's pretty good, I'm going to check into those buckrail mounts and see if they'll fit, maybe they'll be nice and print me up one if it doesn't.

Reactions: .20calguy
Mine is the same model that somebody who could really shoot, modified the trigger and sights a little and won a bunch of CA state championships with it. I modified the trigger and it's pretty good, I'm going to check into those buckrail mounts and see if they'll fit, maybe they'll be nice and print me up one if it doesn't.
I would be interested in your feedback.

I know this says pistol, but the crosman 1077 is a semi auto 177 co2 pellet rifle for under $100
It helps to upgrade the trigger bar. The trigger is pretty crappy otherwise. They are pretty bad about rusting on the shroud, also. Another issue is the cart getting stuck in the tube. A better choice would be the wildfire version in pcp.

It helps to upgrade the trigger bar. The trigger is pretty crappy otherwise. They are pretty bad about rusting on the shroud, also. Another issue is the cart getting stuck in the tube. A better choice would be the wildfire version in pcp.
I don't know much about it, or it's counterpart. I just remembed the fun cause one my locsl sorguns stores sells it. But there is also the option of the umarex fusion which Rick reviewed.

I don't know much about it, or it's counterpart. I just remembed the fun cause one my locsl sorguns stores sells it. But there is also the option of the umarex fusion which Rick reviewed.
I bought a 1077 for my daughter to try out, but she kinda lost interest because of the trigger. I thought it was kinda fun for a bit, but it didn't last long. After a little while I'd end up with a blister on my finger. Wish I could remember who made the trigger bar.

about $70 to $100 Crosman 2240, CO2 bolt action repeater . But you said ATTIC WORK ? so QUIET might be a problem ?
A little bit more for the XL and then just need a can, maybe? There is a guy out of Thailand, named Exclusive I think, that makes a repeater breech for the 2240s. Guess it all depends on how much he wants to put into it.

A little bit more for the XL and then just need a can, maybe? There is a guy out of Thailand, named Exclusive I think, that makes a repeater breech for the 2240s. Guess it all depends on how much he wants to put into it.
Buck Horn cans are very reasonable $$.

Reactions: dv8eod
Is it just me? Or does anyone else read posts/threads soliciting recommendations for a gun (or scope, or pellet, or... :unsure:) with so many mutually-disqualifying requisites that nothing exists only for the entertainment value in seeing how many bite?
I like to read these Airgun Nation posts, but I look at it that way my self, especially on Facebook.