Looking for a Walther PPK

Have joined this forum hoping to find assistance with finding a 2nd gen Umarex Walther PPK/S .177 cal BB gun. Am starting a bb hand gun collection (see "about me" in profile if you like) but the PPK is proving to be a hard find.

Am a huge history buff so begin collection with both Springfield armory and Colt versions of the 1911 and will soon adding a luger. They're not hard finds but, Wow, the PPK certainly is.

They are available from European vendors, am in process of finding out if they can deliver here to the U.S. Does anyone know?

Grew up in the era of James Bond, Cpt James T Kirk and Jim Phelps ( the original leader of the Impossible Mission force, still can't believe they made him the traitor in the 1st MI move, loved the rest of the MI movies but won't watch that one) and my name is James, so you can imagine who I often was playing games as a kid and why I want a PPK.

Also would like a Colt Hammerless 1903/1908, seen in the old MI TV series, but doesn't appear a replica BB or pellet gun is made. Anyone know if one is?

Thanks everyone

Thank you very much! Saw it on Ebay while at work Sat but couldn't get back to it to make purchase till yesterday and then it was gone. Couldn't find it despite same exact search criteria so thought it sold. Just tried again, same search criteria, and there it was again, go figure. So thanks again, wouldn't have gone back and looked if not for your alert.

Now for the Colt Hammerless 1903/1908, for which I should have been more specific. I did find a spring action version of this but am seeking an air powered, preferably GBB, version.

Does anyone know if that type of replica is made for that gun?

Thank you very much! Saw it on Ebay while at work Sat but couldn't get back to it to make purchase till yesterday and then it was gone. Couldn't find it despite same exact search criteria so thought it sold. Just tried again, same search criteria, and there it was again, go figure. So thanks again, wouldn't have gone back and looked if not for your alert.

Now for the Colt Hammerless 1903/1908, for which I should have been more specific. I did find a spring action version of this but am seeking an air powered, preferably GBB, version.

Does anyone know if that type of replica is made for that gun?

I bought my first PPK/S bb in 2002, and kept it going by buying parts from Umarex (USA, Fort Smith, Arkansas). The first ones were distributed by Crosman, and it says so on the slide. In Jan. '23 I finally bought the 2nd gen gun from Pyramyd. After a couple of CO2 tubes it just would not hold gas. I got in touch with parts in Fort Smith and the guy sent me a new air valve for free as he was so impressed with how long I had been nursing that old gun along! That seal from the replacement valve failed as well, shortly thereafter- 3 weeks later. I got in touch with them and said I want a replacement as it would not hold gas for third Co2 cartridge. They said send it back and they'd send me a new one. I waited two weeks and nothing came

Finally called and they told me that the gun was done, discontinued and they had none to send me, but they offered a credit that was $25 more than the cost of the faulty PPK. Even then in Feb, '23 things were slim to none trying to find one- not even at CRAZY high prices on ebay. I looked everywhere, and made two orders on line only to find out a day or two later that they were wrong and they did not have one in stock..

Then I remembered that I gave one to my son like 8 years ago, that Amazon had sent me as a freebee because the add on line misrepresented the gun, very nice of them indeed! My son said He didn't really like it, thought it shot lousy. He gave it back to me and it still had the original cartridge in it. Although it was a first gen gun, the air valve was a good one and held gas for numerous tubes. I modified it by sawing off the cartridge tightener and then doing a hack saw cut across it so that the foolish wing nut thing was gone, and the bottom of the grip was flush. That one is now my classic black Bond like version as in "Dr. No," and it works great.

Six months ago on this forum I found a thread from a year before about a guy looking to sell a 2nd gen gun. I thought it doesn't cost anything to message him to see if he sold it- and he hadn't! It was a great price, and the shipping was cheap too, but the main thing is that it was really new in the box- not a mark on it!

The problem with the gun was/is that the Co2 gasket to the air valves keep failing. I started making my own seals from polyurethane sheets 2mm thick of 80 durometer hardness. They work well for a short time 2-3 cartridges. I also found an English site, Bagnall & Kirkwood- Air Gun Spares, who sell an after market gasket that I've had very good luck with. One gun has had 4-5 cartridges and continues to do well. Their exchange rates and shipping all were first rate and they do have some PPK parts inventory too, while Umarex USA has shut off everything. On that second gen gun I put my one and only NICKEL plated slide. I got it for $10 from Fort Smith maybe 10 years ago. That finish is beautiful and tough- no paint chipping!

My big hope is that someone will do new version with a drop out mag/CO2 assembly like the Beretta 84 FS or the Makarov Ultra. Both guns actually let out a near BANG when fired- not sounding like CO2 at all, especially the Russian one!

If you do get one, get in touch and I'll tell you the finer points of loading CO2 without wasting several tubes before you get a tight one.

Yours,
Bluemill

The 2nd gen version got rid of that weird ugly wing nut and supposedly much improved the seal function, I'll find out in couple of day since I went ahead and purchased the one on ebay. So glad Richly saw it, really thought it had sold already.

Price was high compared to what it they originally sold for here in the U.S but there are no more available here. Gave up on pursuing a UK vendor when found out extra shipping plus the price of the gun would top $300, a good bit more then the e-bay one. The gun it's self goes for between $150-$200 USD in the UK. Worse with vendors in India who have them, they list for between $300-$400 USD before any shipping. Not to mention how long it might take, would probably be several weeks.

So I splurged and overspent to recapture a bit of my youth, not a complaint. I'll let you know how it is after I get it and have had chance to really check it out.

The 2nd gen version got rid of that weird ugly wing nut and supposedly much improved the seal function, I'll find out in couple of day since I went ahead and purchased the one on ebay. So glad Richly saw it, really thought it had sold already.

Price was high compared to what it they originally sold for here in the U.S but there are no more available here. Gave up on pursuing a UK vendor when found out extra shipping plus the price of the gun would top $300, a good bit more then the e-bay one. The gun it's self goes for between $150-$200 USD in the UK. Worse with vendors in India who have them, they list for between $300-$400 USD before any shipping. Not to mention how long it might take, would probably be several weeks.

So I splurged and overspent to recapture a bit of my youth, not a complaint. I'll let you know how it is after I get it and have had chance to really check it out.

Apparently I have one of the good ones. Wish I'd seen your post before taking photos and digging out the manual and unopened package of two spare magazines. Apparently I'm too late to this PPK party.

PPK set.jpg

But I also found scratches I never saw before, and don't know how they got there.

PPK marks.jpg

I've been amazed at the shot-count on a cartridge; well one a hundred shots!

PPK.jpg

She can be deadly!

PPK Mouse.jpg

PM or call me if you're interested.

Ron
254-253-1239