Looking for accessories for FX Impact M3 & Advice.

Welcome Mike, glad you're here. Picked a heck of a gun to start with, she's a winner in my book. FX is famous for providing lots of "must-have" expensive extras for their guns, most only modestly helping with performance. I don't go for anything until I've had time to get to know the gun. My first accessory was an adapter to enable connection with my air fill source, used, your gun may have come with one. After a scope my next purchase was the $70 Anjoite UTG bipod from Amazon. Upon receipt found it wouldn't fit on existing picatinny so purchased a Kraford&Lypt FX Impact Gen 2.2 Trigger Guard for $95. This trigger guard provides extended bottle protection and larger hole to access fill probe, in addition to easier bipod mounting. That's all I've done, now I just enjoy the M3's accuracy, which is pretty phenomenal. WM

Reactions: L.Leon
Welcome Mike! You will have plenty of input here I'm sure. Let me start with what I have grown to like as additions to both my M3 and MKII.
  • AirMarksman top rail
  • Saber Tactical buttstock
  • Saber Tactual Mono-Pod
  • Saber Tactical extended Arca Swiss Rail
  • Anarchy Outdoors Penguin Grip
  • DonnyFL Sumo Suppressor
  • Accu-Tac Bipod
  • FX Carbon Fiber Barrel Sleave
  • Carbon Fiber Shroud
  • Extra calibers to switch when I want to
  • Extra magazines
Patrick

Reactions: Bigragu
Welcome Mike, glad you're here. Picked a heck of a gun to start with, she's a winner in my book. FX is famous for providing lots of "must-have" expensive extras for their guns, most only modestly helping with performance. I don't go for anything until I've had time to get to know the gun. My first accessory was an adapter to enable connection with my air fill source, used, your gun may have come with one. After a scope my next purchase was the $70 Anjoite UTG bipod from Amazon. Upon receipt found it wouldn't fit on existing picatinny so purchased a Kraford&Lypt FX Impact Gen 2.2 Trigger Guard for $95. This trigger guard provides extended bottle protection and larger hole to access fill probe, in addition to easier bipod mounting. That's all I've done, now I just enjoy the M3's accuracy, which is pretty phenomenal. WM
Thank you for your advice! There is a lot of YouTubers promoting expensive scopes and gear. It's nice to hear honesty and not a sales pitch.
I managed to order a $200 compressor and I'm excited to receive it. I purchased the M3 with all the money I had saved, I felt like rather than getting a cheaper gun and then going for something like the m3, make one solid expense and make it last a lifetime.
I had no idea how expensive things would get feels like there is something or the other to buy. I still need to find a place near me where I can go and practice at. I did purchase a DonnyFL SHOGUN Moderator and am waiting for that (Hopefully it was a good move)

Welcome Mike! You will have plenty of input here I'm sure. Let me start with what I have grown to like as additions to both my M3 and MKII.
  • AirMarksman top rail
  • Saber Tactual Mono-Pod
  • Accu-Tac Bipod
  • Carbon Fiber Shroud
  • Extra magazines
Patrick
Thank you, that's a lot of money there. Maybe with time I can make it happen.
What do you think about DonnyFL Sumo Suppressor vs DonnyFL SHOGUN Moderator?

Mike,
My .25 M3 came with an FX Airgun moderator made by DonnyFL. Works great, I'm not sure which DonnyFL moderator it equates to, but pretty sure your choice will be fine. Here's a picture of the adapter I bought to connect to air supply, in case you need one. WM
IMG_20220821_003550.jpg

Mike,
My .25 M3 came with an FX Airgun moderator made by DonnyFL. Works great, I'm not sure which DonnyFL moderator it equates to, but pretty sure your choice will be fine. Here's a picture of the adapter I bought to connect to air supply, in case you need one. WMView attachment 299032
Unfortunately, I got mine used and its before they were including the new moderator, mine just has the standard basic one that the gun originally shipped with. Do you think I will need an adapter? I got one with the gun(I belive its what comes with the gun originally), not sure if that works yet coz I'm still waiting for the compressor to arrive. Btw, do you have any recommendations on .30 ammo for practicing?

Mike,
There was something odd about FX M3 moderators that I'm not clear about. Seems some moderators were just an empty shell, owners opting out of paying extra for a complete one. I might have, but don't recall paying extra for mine, gun is whisper quiet. Don't think you'll need an adapter; they all share a common size. JSB or FX ammo, both made by JSB, are preferred. In .30, JSB offers a 44.75 grain and a 50-grain pellet. The 44.75 grain is most popular, 50-grain not so much. Pyramyd Air has limited time promotion of free shipping on orders over $50 (normally free ship is orders of $150), combined with a "Buy 3, Get One Free" offer, might be worth a visit. Hurry, not sure of expiration of over $50 free shipping. WM

Mike,
There was something odd about FX M3 moderators that I'm not clear about. Seems some moderators were just an empty shell, owners opting out of paying extra for a complete one. I might have, but don't recall paying extra for mine, gun is whisper quiet. Don't think you'll need an adapter; they all share a common size. JSB or FX ammo, both made by JSB, are preferred. In .30, JSB offers a 44.75 grain and a 50-grain pellet. The 44.75 grain is most popular, 50-grain not so much. Pyramyd Air has limited time promotion of free shipping on orders over $50 (normally free ship is orders of $150), combined with a "Buy 3, Get One Free" offer, might be worth a visit. Hurry, not sure of expiration of over $50 free shipping. WM
Yes. Mine is the empty shell. Sucks! Just like with the FX guns, you can get the same gun spaced out over 3 years and they would have so many variances since they change things all the time. Im glad you got a nice one, I had to spend the extra (I kind of wish I had just brought a new gun, but I got mine for around $1750 for an M3 .30 700mm no extras.)

• AirMarksman top rail
  • Saber Tactual Mono-Pod
  • Accu-Tac Bipod
  • Carbon Fiber Shroud
  • Extra magazines
Patrick
Let’s not forget a stainless fastener retrofit kit, a couple of specialty service tools for the C1 and reg pistons, and along with your initial list of basics, do put an o ring kit on top of your list. The impact M3 parts diagram can be downloaded from FX’s website under the support section. List down all the o rings, all of them including the regulator o rings. First call out number is the ID, second is the o ring thickness. Pay attention to the DURO rating and o ring type.

Then go to oringsandmore.com and put yourself a kit enough to do 25 reseals.(most o rings are a minimum order of 25 per)

Do as WORREDMAN suggests and get the longer female QD, even if you never install an aftermarket extended bottom rail. It makes the Fill task may easier. If you plan on ever shooting tethered to your tank look up member JERRYMAIL and get his 90 degree quick disconnect. Quality part at a fair price.

Reactions: 2L8
I am going to suggest a simpler approach. Get a quality bi-pod and a chronograph. Then go shoot the gun and have fun with it. Learn to tune and once you have established that you really enjoy it start adding after market doodads as they become applicable to your use.
I have an M3 and a Maverick and manage to have a really good time shooting both with very little in the way of after market accessories.
The M3 is a very capable air gun without all the add ons. There are lots of us who just shoot them and don’t use them in a manner that requires all the extra stuff. Every shooter is different so I would feel my way into the accessory buying slowly.

Reactions: L.Leon
You should have skipped the Shogun if your budget is tight. The stock can will work and be quiet if your tune is good. If you don’t know what you’re doing the Shogun can help mask a bad tune. You need a scope you can trust. Rings that are the proper height. Pellets and a chronograph. An Impact without a chronograph is no different than an Impact without a scope. You can still shoot it but you’re flying blind. Other cheap musts are a C1 tool and extra orings. You can survive without everything else.

You should have skipped the Shogun if your budget is tight. The stock can will work and be quiet if your tune is good. If you don’t know what you’re doing the Shogun can help mask a bad tune. You need a scope you can trust. Rings that are the proper height. Pellets and a chronograph. An Impact without a chronograph is no different than an Impact without a scope. You can still shoot it but you’re flying blind. Other cheap musts are a C1 tool and extra orings. You can survive without everything else.
I didnt get lucky with the stock one, it was just a cylinder and no magic to it. I was told the best one to get was the Shogun, Maybe I should have reached out for some advice prior to placing the order. Hopefully, it wasn't a waist of money, it was crazy $$ though.

On accessory I love on my M3 is the K&L ARCA bottom rail/forearm
It wide and solid. Good for shooting of of bags or bipod...even offhand!
20221021_160251.jpg

But you will need an extended Forster QF socket ike the one above.
Also I had to turn down the knurling on it for snag free fit!
20221021_160152.jpg

20221021_155910.jpg

Good Luck,
Stuart
Im gonna need to save to get the ARCA bottom. Maybe that's the next thing along with the Forster.

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Nice, that is a great caliber with lots of options available. It all depends on what your end goals are. I suggest shooting and getting to know the gun before going nuts on accessories.

After that options like below exist:

-heavy liner if slugs interest you
-carbon fiber sleeve
-carbon fiber tensioners like Huma or Bullet Centrals
-tungsten hammer
-Huma hp hammer spring/valve adjuster spring
-power block
-slug probes like NSA or FX versions
-Moderators like Donnyfl
-dual or single tranfer ports
-Huma 2nd reg or FX with brass piston regs. Yours may have it, I don't know.
-Arca rail
-bipod like atlas or accutac
-digital pressure guages
-k&l 1st reg delete
-moving the 2nd stage reg location with the Fx bracket
-after market top rails

Etc...

As you can see, the options are pretty endless. All depends on how much money you want to spend, what looks you are going for, and what power you want. None of this is required as the gun should shoot pretty good as is.

Reactions: mikewhisky
Lots of great advice here. I have owned 3 now, so I’ll share what I think are most important specifically to the Impact first.
  1. Extended bipod rail. You can go with the K&L or Saber Tactical if you want, but all it really take is a picatinny riser/extender and maybe one more. Can be purchased cheap on Amazon. Main thing is getting the bipod further out front. Having it next to the trigger is way to far back for bench shooting.
  2. Cheek riser. I can’t stand not being able to adjust the height of a cheek rest. Gives me many more options for reaching my scope comfortably when place where I want it.
  3. Extendable butt stock. Again, I need the longer reach.
  4. Extended foster fill that other have mentioned.
  5. Wide bipod - these rifles are tall!, and therefore top heavy. Once I started using a wide bipod, it helped a ton keeping it steady!! I use the Atlas F2G2.
With those, the rifle can be much more comfortable and easier to shoot. Some other items that are very useful for any airgun.
  • Chronograph - Makes a huge difference understanding your tune, why setting are working, projectile trajectories, etc. I love my FX chronograph because it is small and portable, but there are others. I think you must have one if you are into airguns.
  • Extra magazine and Stud Loaders speed loaders!! They are amazing!!! Magazines don’t have to be factory. I have been fine with only 2 mags.
There are some other useful items listed, but these are what I find to be the most useful.