N/A Looking for first 10m pistol

Hi everyone, looking to get into 10m and looking for my first pistol

I was originally going to try the V10 but it seems the 46m is better. For the price of the 46m is there anything else I should be looking at? I don’t mind pcp as my first pistol, but I’m my head once I go pcp I’m going to go all in and currently I just want something to start out with. Thanks

Reactions: Bandito
@homeyjosey - Have you attended any local matches and talked to the shooters? I suggest that before jumping down that rabbit hole. I finally found the bottom and wound up with several pistols!
IMG_2086.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Bandito and Helmet
Mmmm, a quality 10m pistol isn't gonna be cheap.
Or, most "any" pistol can be used as a...10m pistol.

Here's a higher quality version (one of a few) -

Mine
1723474561263.jpeg

Mike

Hammerli AP20 would be a good basis for top 10m shooting. The more the gun costs, the better the trigger. If you like getting good scores, a good trigger is a must. I picked up a used Steyr LP2 for $800 that is fantastic. I once had a Steyr LP10 which is/was the top Olympic pistol, but at my age, I don't compete any longer so I sold it and traded down to the LP2. It shoots just as good.

When I started shooting 10M, I started with a Daisy 717, then a Daisy 777 for better grips and trigger. Subsequently a FWB80, then a Walther LP3 CO2 gun which I won the Connecticut state games with. All of these have the accuracy, but the subtle differences help improve your shooting. I don't know how serious you are about this, but I recommend finding some competitive matches. Shooting by yourself doesn't focus your psyche and force you to do better. This can be very much a mind game because you have to control not only the gun but your mind and body. It's very challenging.

Anything from Feinwerkbau. Parts are available. They have been available for generations now. Triggers are always great as are the barrels. I have been caught in a cycle of buy, rebuild, resell, repeat. I can‘t say no to one in the classifieds. These are my current keepers a 1983 Model 65 and a 2004 P40. both are fully rebuilt and shoot way better than I do.

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

was doing research and came across the Air Venturi Comp10. Would this be a decent first pistol to use for 10m? I'd probably go hand pump but what I've heard its not to bad for pistols to pump up. I'm having a hard time finding a SSP which wouldve been my first choice
Look at the

Snowpeak PP20​

The comp10 is a rebadged one I believe.

Personally at the $500 mark why not look at the hw45/Beeman p1 or hw75 .

The 45/p1 is spring the 75 is a ssp and suited better for 10m I'd think .

Hi everyone, looking to get into 10m and looking for my first pistol

I was originally going to try the V10 but it seems the 46m is better. For the price of the 46m is there anything else I should be looking at? I don’t mind pcp as my first pistol, but I’m my head once I go pcp I’m going to go all in and currently I just want something to start out with. Thanks
There is a 46M in the Classifieds @ a descent price . almost bought it myself ,but i have one .

Would you be so kind to send the link? I've been using the search function and cant find it, all i see are sold or "Not open for further replies." unless that means its still not sold
you need 10 quality posts and 10 days membership to use the classifieds.
when you have reached this goal then you can open the classifieds and use the filter . a drop down menu /click on Traditional pistol / then click on WTS then at the bottom click filter