Looking for

I have a bug buster UTG 3x9 in mill the mill dot is big don't like it. I'd go with a Vector Veyron that has hash marks myself. The 4-16x44 is illuminated and will help out in shaded areas also. But remember for your rings the scope has to clear the height of your mags and if you remove the rear site you need to buy the small dove tail plate from Wes also.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
I've had trouble getting the right eye relief with compact scopes. They won't slide back and forth in the rings much. Consequently your mounts must be perfect or you are hunting for the correct eye relief.

The Bug Buster has a very narrow eye box range that compounds the problem. If you can get one mounted on the rifle in the right spot they make OK scopes. Mine has a lot of distortion at the edges and the adjustments are coarse (3 clicks = 1" @100 yds.). I wasn't too impressed with it but it worked for a while.

The Bug Buster came with some good flip caps and a sunshade. That is a plus. It makes the scope almost as long as a regular scope though. I would rather have more adjustment room on a longer scope than the sunshade on a short one.

I like the Hawke scopes better but they are not that great either. You get what you pay for with either of them... not much. They aren't a "compact" scope so they mount easily and have much better glass. Anything in that price range is going to be a craps shoot. All will work. None are outstanding.

Last edited:
The scope on that L2 is an Athlon Midas BTR gen2 1-6x24. Got an IR. Great for fast acquisition, clear glass.

11.jpg