Looking to build tricked out pellet pistol with silencer & red dot. Any advice?

Hello, I am fairly new to airguns and I’m looking to put together a tricked out .177 cal pistol with a silencer in a red dot sight. Was looking at CO2 originally but it’s clear there are a lot less options for accessories and customization there. 

I’m looking for advice as far as which pistol would be good to start with, as well as where to find red dots and silencers that will fit.

preferably semi auto and blow back, but I am open and flexible.

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You don't want blowback if you opt for accuracy. Many options available from a Crosman Vigilante to a full sized Umarex CP88 Competition to a Steyr LP-50 or HP. Depending on your budget. If you only plan on shooting out till 15 to 20 yards primarily for plinking then the Crosman Vigilante would do just fine on the cheap. If you specifically need the novelty of blowback then just about any BB pistol with blowback would do for 8 to 10 yard plinking. Choose the coolest James Bond or whatever replica you want that has a lot of favorable review stars before buying. Stay away from the negatives.

You don't want blowback if you opt for accuracy. Many options available from a Crosman Vigilante to a full sized Umarex CP88 Competition to a Steyr LP-50 or HP. Depending on your budget. If you only plan on shooting out till 15 to 20 yards primarily for plinking then the Crosman Vigilante would do just fine on the cheap. If you specifically need the novelty of blowback then just about any BB pistol with blowback would do for 8 to 10 yard plinking. Choose the coolest James Bond or whatever replica you want that has a lot of favorable review stars before buying. Stay away from the negatives.

Is the Umarex CP88 Competition threaded for silencers? 

That one has a FAKE suppressor especially since its coming from Pyramid Air for sure. Besides it shows it's no longer available anyway. The S&W 586 and 686 are very good co2 revolvers and possibly the most accurate aside from the CP88 Competition model and full sized Desert Eagle but I have no idea where people were getting their silencer adapters from.

If you are looking at CO2 and want some accuracy I recommend you stay away from anything that is a replica of a real gun. They are designed as trainers for real steel and are not accurate at all. You're looking a 2-3" + groups at 10m and zero consistency. Take another look at the 2240 - I'm shooting 14.5gr H&N .22 pellets at 450fps and hit within a 1" circle at 15 meters. Could also look at the Diana Chaser.

The Crosman Vigilante is capable of 1/4" if you're lucky to get an exceptional one but for the most part average sub 1/2" groups or better at 10 yards from a good rest and with the right pellet with a decent red dot sight. The CP88 Competition and full sized Desert Eagle are both capable of sub 1/2" at 10 yards from a good rest with the right pellet and the S&W 586 and 686 are both capable of 1/4" or better at 10 yards from a good rest and steady hold with the right pellets. Many other replicas fall into what Ctshooter said and you're lucky to break one inch at 10 yards. The long barrel pistols seem to be more accurate than the norm.

Another vote for the Crosman 2240 it has to be the most modified of all airguns for the last decade plus.

Start with a co2 2250 or build a 2400KT in the Crosman custom shop so you get the longer tube in case you want to go PCP at some later date.

To go PCP

https://thegreencrosmanforum.proboards.com/thread/73/22xx-valve-retention-posted-section

You may want to get a discovery hammer spring to get the most power from you gun.

These things are a blast to modify and there are so many aftermarket parts available.

Nope but they're not that offensively loud and I believe if I remember correctly that fake compensator at the end (specifically competition model only) of the barrel comes off so you can add a slip on grubscrew type TKO silencer.

OK I think this is what I want to try. I really like the look of the CP 88 Competition. I’m pretty new to this still, could you direct me to where I could get the appropriate grub screw type TKO silencer that would fit this gun?

The Crosman Vigilante is capable of 1/4" if you're lucky to get an exceptional one but for the most part average sub 1/2" groups or better at 10 yards from a good rest and with the right pellet with a decent red dot sight. The CP88 Competition and full sized Desert Eagle are both capable of sub 1/2" at 10 yards from a good rest with the right pellet and the S&W 586 and 686 are both capable of 1/4" or better at 10 yards from a good rest and steady hold with the right pellets. Many other replicas fall into what Ctshooter said and you're lucky to break one inch at 10 yards. The long barrel pistols seem to be more accurate than the norm.

That is with a rest, but I don't enjoy shooting pistols rested. My numbers are offhand shots.

From what I have read there is an adapter available for the CP88 with the 4" barrel. But you'd have to order the adapter from Europe. I tried to order and adapter from Europe for my Beretta 92fs CO2 pistol and they wouldn't ship it citing it would be confiscated. You may or may not have luck there. 

As far as I know there is no adapter for the CP88 6" Competition version, but other's may know better than me. 

Red dot wise.

Some of the top red dot sights out there are the Holosun lineup. Relatively inexpensive, most have three reticle choices, three color dots to choose from (red, green, amber/gold). They have several that are pistol sized. I have them on both pistols and rifles. I've bought other brands, only to not be happy and have gone to Holosun. The Holosun also has a limited lifetime warranty.

And they have the best...bar none battery usage, most at over 20,000 hours. And if...the battery does go dead, many have solar cells on the top to make sure you can keep shooting.

Vortex is also a brand worth looking at. Not nearly as many choices, not as good with the battery usage, but still good sights, for reasonably good prices. Also a lifetime warranty.

The Leupold, Delta Point Pro is a very good sight. Not as cheap, but nonetheless, a top of the line sight.

Mike

+1 for Holosun. It's the only red dot sight that will not to starburst really bad on me as the brightness increases. You can also get the HS407C which is just a 2 MOA dot in the middle and save a few bucks over the HS507C which has the multiple reticle setup which isn't very useful for airgunning. On technology the Holosun has which I really like is the shake to wake battery saving tech. It'll powerdown after no usage for 15 minutes and when you pick it up it wakes and it's ready to go before you even get the sight to your eye - very cool.