Hatsan looking to purchase 1st pcp gun for plinking

hello all new to the site
been doing some internet surfing and interested in getting a pcp gun
i do like the looks of the notos and the jet 2 rg

the notos looks to be good for longer range having a longer barrel
i also see more prefer regulated vs none
that is one reason id rather get a jet 2 rg vs jet 2 non reg for short range and also i like that it can be a pistol
what is your thoughts?
thanks for any info
mike
RG-JET-2-KIRMIZI-SAG-1-2355207304.jpg

I do not shoot pistols. Bug here in uk they are limited to 6ftlb
I like at least one regulator.
500cm 600cm and 700cm ard my choices.
They are all accurate to me.
I have used mainly FX range and find they very good. Problems are so many o rings so you may prefer good solid rifle with say four or five rings against the FX Imoact that had loads of the little things ....three on the reg stem alone think they gave over twenty.
1st airgun stick to good quality second hand then yoj don't lose loads of cash when you upgrade.

Reactions: 88turbocoupe
I had a jet, and while it's a cool looking gun and it works and everything, it really doesn't have much power and it's a cheaper feeling gun. Don't get me wrong it's cool for like shooting tin cans and stuff but the Notos is better for the price. Plus it's regulated so your power stays about the same for shots until you just run out of air. The Jet, after the first shot or two the power starts to drop pretty significantly.

I had a Notos.
Regarding 'long' range... I feel the Notos is good for shooting squirrels at 35 yards minus. I shot the one I had at 50 yards and it was accurate enough, say 3/4" groups IIRC?

However, some of the Notos magazines have a reputation for not functioning (mine did not). There are aftermarket magazines available that work without issue (Carm & Maple). It also comes with a single-shot tray.

Even with the potential for a magazine issue, of the two I would definitely purchase the Notos over the Jet2.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: 88turbocoupe